Palta is a multi-product tech platform developing several mobile apps focused on health and well-being with a combined audience of more than 50 million monthly active users. Our portfolio includes such successful companies as Flo (global leader in female health), Simple (12m+ downloads, the most popular intermittent fasting app in the US), Zing (personal fitness trainer), and more.
The rapid portfolio growth is fuelled by the recently raised $100 million in a series B round led by VNV Global.
At Simple, we believe that improving health through nutrition is the most effective way to make a positive impact on the world. There is strong evidence showing the connection between health behaviors and future diseases. Effective interventions will allow people to live longer, healthier lives, and Simple is committed to making this a reality.
Simple is a successful mobile product that has a user base of over 15 million people and has over 100% year-over-year revenue growth. It helps people improve their nutritional habits through personalized programs, meal tracking, and health insights, which allows them to lead healthier and happier lives.
Now, we are taking the next big step and working on a new revolutionary AI product that helps each person improve their health in a fun and engaging way.
As an innovative visionary, you will lead a great team of 50 engineers, using the most efficient technology to solve user problems, setting a strong culture, and having the opportunity to impact the health of hundreds of millions of people.
Push the pace of innovation and build a future of a healthier world with us!
What You’ll Do:
- Build a highly effective engineering organization that is ready to make revolutionary products and scale them to the top
- Attract, develop, and retain the best people to support our rapid growth and success
- Build healthy agile teams while establishing a strong culture of innovation that is consistent with aggressive growth plans
- Partner cross-functionally to maximize the effectiveness of the technical roadmap for the business and our users
- Empower the engineering team towards innovation and focus on continuously delivering value to our users
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to stakeholders
- Identify roadblocks preventing the success of strategic themes and find resolutions.
- Develop and implement technology strategies - mobile and web apps, backend services, all kinds of integrations with 3rd parties
Direct engineering processes and manage technology resources
- Balance the creation of new functionality for current and future users’ needs, infrastructure management, and the elimination of technical debt
- Ensure the efficient use of various forms of technology within the company, including the improvement of current technological assets and the implementation of new technologies as necessary.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technology systems
- Drive innovation in the market through use of machine learning-based technologies and solutions
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role, preferably in a mobile B2C high-growth product
- The ability to offer world-class technology guidance on how to utilize technology to achieve short and long-term organizational goals.
- Experience in navigating rapid growth while maintaining both a healthy product and a healthy organization
- Experience working and recruiting in a high-growth environment, scaling an engineering team from 50+ employees.
- Extensive knowledge of people leadership practices, such as change management, recruiting, hiring, people development, performance management, and compensation administration
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- Consistent record of meeting business targets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing distributed teams
Why you might be excited about us:
- You will help people improve their health and lives through nutrition.
- Preferably relocation to Cyprus
- Open team communication. You can directly influence the product and its metrics;
- A competitive salary package based on your unique expertise, skillset, and impact on the product;
- A stock option plan for every employee. When Simple does well, everyone wins;
- Top technical equipment, health insurance, relocation program, friendly and highly qualified colleagues, and healthy snacks in our office's kitchen (if you are in Cyprus).
Please read our privacy notice in respect of your application
Please note that your personal data will be stored for one year, as reasonably necessary to resolve any disputes within the hiring process, if any occur.