Codecademy teaches the world the skills they need to find jobs. The Curriculum team is responsible for teaching millions of learners through our interactive platform to empower them to build products, train for a new role, or learn valuable skills applicable to their current job. As a curriculum developer, you will work on curriculum critical to Codecademy’s mission with opportunities to learn new skills through projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to create, maintain, and improve Codecademy's content and learning experience
- Define, enhance, and deliver data-driven learning experiences
- Define a competency assessment framework to gauge the effectiveness of curriculum
- Maintain and improve existing content with educational best practices in mind
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required
- Professional or volunteer experience as a teacher or instructor
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, the command line, code editors, and project management software
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages as needed
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Education
- Experience with writing educational content in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books, or in print) that reaches a wide audience
- Experience with modern web development, such as front-end frameworks and back-end technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.