Who We Are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About The Team
The Global Training & Certification team focuses on on-demand learning, live training, and certifications. Our industry-recognized, world-class training and certification program is focused on users, partners, and internal sales engineering. We make our audiences successful and self-sufficient so they can fully utilize Stripe’s capabilities.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for designing and developing modular content for users and partners, as well as internal sales engineers. As a curriculum developer, you will be focused on curriculum design and development. We’re looking for someone who will play a pivotal part in the overall user and partner enablement strategy and greatly influence our overall enablement strategy.
- Design and develop innovative learning solutions, applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create content that fits the needs of the learner. This is across online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning environments.
- Lead the creation and distribution of courseware at Stripe; including developing exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia-based assets.
- Become an expert on Stripe’s products so that you can confidently build new training on how to solve problems with them.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the needs of our partners, customers and employees.
- Design and develop aesthetically superb diagrams and content templates adhering to the highest standards of branding and quality.
- Partner with our engineering and product teams to produce engaging high quality training courses and content for customer and partner curriculums.
- Evaluate customer training requirements, and turn those requirements into a roadmap with clearly scoped courses that have well defined learning paths.
- Ship courses that can be delivered both as self-paced online programs, live virtual trainer-led or at in-person training.
- Build “Train the Trainer” professional development programs to teach Stripe’s Technical Services field teams and Partner Ecosystem how to deliver training.
- Organize live training events across the world, ensuring that the local presenters are prepared to deliver a great workshop.
- Develop supplemental and supporting courseware and documentation, including workshops, hands-on labs, and webinars.
- Be a key advocate and support for change management and best practices throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team across multiple time zones.
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in curriculum design/development.
- You have publicly available training samples or public speaking experience.
- You are able to transform dry topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to incorporate them into the curriculum.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts to help write, design, develop and manage technical eng content projects.
- Experience leading large projects that include various departments, tracking timelines and managing stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in curriculum design and development.
- Experience designing and developing content for technical certifications.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- 2+ years of experience creating assessments to measure learner competencies.
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar), Cornerstone LMS (or similar).
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of e-learning and video editing tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, virtual instructor-led training tools, and social learning tools.
- Experience working with payment industry and implementation partners.