ADESA is looking for a Custodian to join our Team! Reporting to the Facilities Manager or designated manager, the Custodian will perform regular cleaning and light maintenance activities for all auction buildings. Must know, practice and ensure that all company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide excellent customer service:
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
- Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise management of all serious complaints or incidences.
Perform cleaning duties:
- Dust, sweep and mop all common areas of the auction buildings. Dust all equipment, countertops, furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuum office areas a minimum of every other day.
- Remove all trash and debris from the various areas within each auction building. Dispose of trash and debris in the central collection area.
- Clean restrooms daily and replenish all soap and personal items as necessary.
- Clean kitchen and cafeteria areas daily. Counters within these areas should be wiped down and floors swept/mopped.
- Clean auction block areas weekly to include removing trash, dusting and vacuuming. Monitors should be wiped down with dry cloth to remove dust and other debris.
- Wash windows in all common areas as needed.
- Ensure entrance and areas outside of sales arena are free and clear of debris prior to sale.
- Perform any other cleaning and custodial duties as directed by the Facilities Manager or designated manager.
- Replenish supplies for assigned areas.
- Monitor inventory of janitorial supplies and advise Facility Manager of items needed.
- Inform Facility Manager of all equipment breakdowns and any necessary maintenance.
- During each sale, monitor restrooms and kitchen area to ensure areas are fully stocked.
- Practice and promote company Core Values.
- Previous Custodial experience preferred.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or less on a frequent basis.
- Effective customer relations, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas required.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- Generous PTO (paid time off).
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, reimbursement programs, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
ADESA currently operates 56 locations throughout the US. Our Vehicle Service & Logistics Centers, some up to 200 acres, provide a wide array of vehicle services including repair & reconditioning, auction remarketing, and many locations serve as market hub distribution sites. Our inventory comprises hundreds of thousands of vehicles across North America from retail to commercial, OEM & more.
As an industry leader, ADESA is poised for a multi-year expansion including huge investments in facilities, massive sales growth, and an ever-increasing inventory of vehicles! We are looking for great people who want to take this journey with us!
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and motor vehicle record check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
ADESA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. ADESA also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.