Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for proven Customer Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
- You will be responsible for net new growth within key enterprise and SMB customers in the Tri-State region, at scale with some of the world's hottest startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
- You’ll help Twilio’s existing customers and penetrate and grow strategic customers where we may have an initial use case. While many of the contacts in these accounts have been software engineers and product managers, you will need to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to understand and uncover new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication workflows.
- Your goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies improve their overall customer engagement experience and meet their business objectives.
- You have 3-5 years of account management or solution selling of infrastructure and/or software/technology into Mid Market or Commercial segments at scale or Enterprise accounts.
- Knowledge in telecom, software development, and consulting is a plus.
- Be responsible for driving net new sales and revenue growth for Twilio's customer portfolio. Your territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use cases and software adoption, and cross sell wilio’s new products.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy and growth plans and develop, lead, and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand Twilio’s relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs) while expanding visibility and on-site Twilio presence at your accounts to build relationships across the company (including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities).
- Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Support, Product and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These QBRs will include Twilio Sales and Executive management.
- Create a partnership with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of closing SaaS experience.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.