Who you are
We are looking for a smart and motivated person willing to work flexible hours to join the customer care team here at Elvie for a six month contract. The customer care team sits within the Operations team and is the only part of the business to have regular interaction with customers. You’ll therefore be working at a grassroots level solving problems and collecting feedback to make sure all of our customers are happy with their products and supported in their customer journey.
You have the ability to remain calm and make logical decisions under pressure. You pride yourself on your ability to be diplomatic and can explain complex ideas simply.
As a startup, there are always new pieces of information to digest and improved process to be introduced. Be prepared for no two days to be the same, to think creatively and use initiative to solve time-sensitive challenges.
What you will do
We have recently launched our second product and we are growing our customer care team to support Elvie users across the world. You will:
- Be willing to work evening and weekend hours on a rota with the rest of our customer care team
- Become an expert on our two products (Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer) and how we talk to customers about them
- Respond to email tickets from customers within the correct time frame, trying to solve the customer’s issue as quickly and accurately as possible
- Triage tickets as they come in, deciding which need an urgent response and which need to be escalated
- Be confident answering the phone to customers and helping them reach a resolution to their problem
- Answer questions from prospective customers who are making the decision whether or not to purchase
- Manage returns, replacements and refunds when necessary, working with our third party logistics provider to get items out to customers as quickly as possible
- Have an up to date knowledge of any changes taking place regarding our products or services, and making sure the correct people are informed (for instance, letting a customer know when an item they wanted is back in stock, or being aware of a change being made to our instruction manual)
- Be a customer advocate within the business, highlighting areas where customers are unhappy, or where we can do better
This would be a fixed six month contract, however there may be scope to continue and progress at the end of that period, depending on the needs of the company
- Be able to work evenings and weekend hours. This role is intended to cover some working hours in the US (late afternoon and early evening for the UK) and would suits someone who has other commitments (for instance study or childcare) during the day
- Have a problem solving approach and be able to think on the spot. The role will involve continuously amending and improving customer care processes to give our customers the best experience possible.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relationship building
- Be comfortable talking about intimate issues, such as breastfeeding and pelvic floor exercise
- Have previous experience in a customer facing role (although this does not have to be office based- retail work will also be taken into consideration)
- Have experience using Microsoft and Google suite tools
- Demonstrate an interest in technology and / or women’s health
- Be able to work without supervision and be confident in using your knowledge to make decisions about how to solve a problem
- Previous experience working with customer care software (e.g. Freshdesk, Zendesk) is desirable but not essentia
- Competitive salary
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave pro-rata plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Regular company socials
- Dog friendly office
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided