At Pivotal we see and create what others dream of. Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications - leveraging Cloud Foundry to give Enterprises the power and flexibility of cloud independence.
A new company with backing from EMC, VMware, Ford, Microsoft and GE, Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave.
About Global Support Services
Pivotal Global Support Services (GSS) is a dynamic and agile organization within Pivotal. We provide commercial support to our Data, PaaS product offerings to IT and developer communities in Fortune 1000 companies.
About the job
This is an entry level Support Engineer position. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with an understanding of cloud computing, virtualization and system administration. As Pivotal continues to build out the product portfolio and offerings, you will be immersed in the most exciting time of the company’s history.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze, diagnose, replicate, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by customer using the Pivotal PaaS platform
- Take ownership, manage and maintain status on support requests
- Escalate unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner
- Report and submit product defects and collaborate with Engineering to triage customer issues
- Create and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies
- This role will support US Government clients that require US citizenship or Permanent Residency. Given this, US Citiezenship or Permanent Residency is required for you to apply.
- 1-3 years of Linux system and network administration
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Strong professional demeanor with customers a must
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize support requests
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, responsible and must be a team player
- Understand networking protocols and functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS).
- Experience with one or more of the following Linux operating systems: Ubuntu, Centos, Suse, RHEL, Arch Linux, Windows
- Ability to read, understand and make small changes to moderately complex applications written in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python Rails, GO, NodeJS, .NET and/or Java is preferred
- Familiar with AWS, Azure, OpenStack, vSphere, or other IaaS/Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker or container orchestration tools like CoreOS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Working with automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, Mesos or similar technologies
- Familiarity with software development practices, git workflows, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Contributions to Open source projects
- Prior experience working in an Enterprise environment
- Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira, Desk.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk or other ticketing systems
If you are passionate about solving problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
This is a very exciting time to join Pivotal. We offer competitive benefits (healthcare, retirement savings ) and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras (beer fridge, free breakfast, snacks etc ) that create a rewarding work experience.