Our mission is simple, we are changing the way people buy cars. We are the first 100% online car-buying experience, which means we have no sales team and no commission-based positions within our company. We are disrupting the auto industry by removing the painful process of the dealership experience and replacing it with a seamless and convenient online platform. Here at Carvana we are passionate about delivering exceptional service to every customer! After purchasing a vehicle online, the customer chooses to pick-up their vehicle at one of our state of the art vending machines, or the car is delivered to their doorstep, using our touchless delivery process.
As a Customer Experience Advocate, you will be responsible for educating customers on who we are, what we do, and why Carvana is a better way to buy a car. You’ll spend the majority of your day on the phone assisting customers at various stages of their car-buying journey. An advocate is the customer’s biggest champion and makes car-buying simple and seamless. At Carvana, we focus on 6 Key Principles which include Empathy, Passion, Commitment, Anticipation, Clarity, and demonstrating that Every Customer Matters on every call.
COVID-19 UPDATE: We have taken steps to support the health and well-being of current and potential employees. Our interview process is hosted virtually and our training programs are now delivered online. This role is currently remote/home-based, with the intention of returning to our Tempe corporate office in the future. **Must live within the Phoenix, Arizona area**
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the voice of Carvana. You will interact with customers on the phone, receiving inbound calls, and also making outbound calls.
- Building relationships with our customers and advocating for them throughout the purchasing process
- Asking questions, understanding the customers’ needs and priorities, and problem-solving.
You will encounter a variety of conversations, up to and including:
- Vehicle purchase inquiries; selecting the right vehicle, explaining financing terms, and guiding prospective customers through the buying process
- Helping resolve customer account issues; title and registration, repairs needed after vehicle delivery, and financing inquiries
- Collaborate with internal teams such as the Resolution department, Titles/Registration, Financial Operations, and other key Carvana departments
- Review and verify sensitive materials such as vehicle titles and customer driver's licenses
- Be high energy and forward-thinking. We like fast learners that take ownership in their role!
- Anticipating issues, leaning into problems, and resolving them quickly
- Multitasking and prioritizing with the swiftness of a ninja
- Embracing new challenges every day. Being adaptable and flexible is critical!
- Follow up on items…and follow up…and follow up again, just because you weren’t sure the first two times
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive by building a team with unique perspectives. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- Zagging forward by identifying how we can improve and streamline our business processes
What we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ year of customer service experience
- Or, in lieu of degree, 5+ years customer service experience
- Previous retail, restaurant, or hospitality experience preferred
- Strong learning agility; the ability and willingness to learn new things and then apply that learning to perform successfully in the role
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one…
- Display critical thinking and ability to make appropriate judgment calls where needed
- Have a passion for the work we do and the impact we are making within our industry
- Have a heightened attention to detail, being able to anticipate the customer’s needs
- You are tech-savvy. You can navigate multiple systems, learn new tools, and effectively troubleshoot.
Empathy: You care that a customer's experience is one worthy of your own loved ones. You genuinely match your approach and response based on seeking to understand each customer. You put yourself in the customer's shoes and you take action to help.
Passion: You are the voice and champion of the Carvana experience and products we offer. You breed enthusiasm among your customers and peers. You always do the right thing!
Commitment: You build trust with each customer by providing transparency to a traditionally murky process. You’re eager to see the customer experience all the way through, persevering through roadblocks and following through on your commitments to the customer.
Anticipation: You have foresight; you know where the customer needs to go next, even before they do. You listen for context clues and identify what the customer may not know in order to lead them to the most effective next step, resolution or outcome.
Clarity: You are knowledgeable and accurate; skilled at translating the Carvana experience and complex ideas into relatable information for the customer. You use resources wisely and stay up to date on changes to policies and procedures.
Every Customer Matters: You show up, you're focused, and you act with a sense of urgency and purpose in each interaction.
What we’ll offer in return:
- Full-Time Hourly Position with competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Vacation accrual and a paid day off for your birthday
- A multitude of perks including student loan payment program, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to growth and development opportunities to expand your skillset
- A seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, disrupting a trillion dollar industry
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.