The Customer Experience Manager is a key role within the Customer Support organization. This role will be responsible for managing a specific account(s) experience through strong relationship building and technical knowledge. Works as the primary point of contact, driver, and customer advocate for major projects and escalations while leveraging cross-functional relationships to maintain and enhance customer confidence in Rubrik as the leader in cloud data management. The position’s objective is to provide an industry-leading customer experience for Rubrik customers in both a proactive and reactive manner.
- Become familiar with account background, key stakeholders, and their expectations of Rubrik. Ensure timely responses & communications to provide a high degree of customer satisfaction and confidence in Rubrik.
- Owner and driver of the customer’s overall Rubrik support experience.
- Ability to be flexible to provide a tailored, comprehensive, value-driven customer experience.
- Responsible for training customers on how to engage support, file ideas and navigate the support portal.
- Analyze customer's business & infrastructure requirements to suggest upgrades and ensure they align with Rubrik and industry standard best practices.
- Identifies proactive activities to keep the account(s) in good standing.
- Engages Support and Engineer teams as needed to ensure an optimal Rubrik experience while maintaining a positive relationship with support and engineering teams.
- Manage escalations and customer and account team expectations around support when needed and builds virtual cross-functional teams to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Drive continuous improvement and lessons learned process that prevents further escalations.
- Develop POC awareness with SE and Account directors and generates weekly reports for customer and support teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, crafting and delivering RCA documents for customers
- Use CRM data to proactively identify accounts and issues that may require a focused approach to resolution.
- The CEM role also encompasses the entire customer lifecycle including on-boarding, first 90-day experience and measure to ensure Rubrik footprint growth
Desired Skills & Experience
- Has proven experience with Escalation management, Proactive management, and Account management skills at the global IT Enterprise level.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours when situations dictate.
- Has both technical and functional expertise with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Has excellent communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to write customer-facing updates and root cause documents in a way that is clear, simple, and easy to understand.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of global Customer Support organizations.
- Has to experience building and managing virtual cross-functional teams.
- 12+ years in support leadership, Escalation management, and or customer facing support technical roles/account management
- Effective relationship and team builder.
- Strong technical background in Networking, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Cloud solutions (S3, Azure, Google), scale-out solutions, and Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV)
- Required Primary Storage vendor experience (NetApp, EMC, HDS, etc)
- Proven ability to partner successfully with multiple teams and customers outside their direct influence.
- Ability to work effectively with executive/senior management, cross-functional teams, internal customers, external partners, vendors, and end users.
- Project/Program management a plus.
- Related BA/BS or advanced degree preferred.
- Able to travel to other locations and customer sites on occasion.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.