Customer Service Guest Specialist - Icelandic
Are you excited by the chance to use your skills to solve problems and make an impact in your day-to-day work? Can you use your sharp social skills to give Booking.com’s customers a friendly, personal and positive experience every time? If so, you could be the hero we’re looking for!
Who we are:
Booking.com is the planet’s #1 accommodation site. Booking.com’s diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in Amsterdam or at one of the over 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
Supporting them as they do, as well as our partners who help them do it, is Booking.com’s globally diverse Customer Service department. Over 8000 people strong, speaking more than 40 languages, in 13 countries worldwide – the CS department is connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating an incredible experience for Booking.com’s guests and partners, 24 hour a day, 7 days a week.
- Fluency in English and Icelandic
- An affinity for offering excellent customer service
- Ability to adapt and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take ownership and solve problems
- Positive and resilient attitude
- Great teamwork skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Liaising between guests and partners to resolve medium to high complexity issues via phone
and email on various topics such as: modifications, cancellations or confirmation of
reservations, special requests, complaints, etc.
- Providing accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right tools, methods, and
- Ensuring a high level of customer service and a positive guest experience
- Supporting your colleagues with peer learning, and being open to feedback from others
- Positively participating in company events, and in weekly team meetings
- Taking part in new projects and tests that we may need your help with
- Promoting the Booking.com culture.
What you’ll get in return:
We offer you many benefits when joining our team.
- Gross salary of £20,760 a year, based on 40 hours
- Full time paid training
- 25 days holiday per year on a full time basis
- Quarterly bonus plan of 6%
- Premium payment on weekends and evenings
- Schedule 4-6 weeks in advance
- Catered lunch or dinner depending on your work schedule
- Booking.com discount
- Contributory pension plan
- Continuous growth potential, and free and on demand professional training course