Our Customer Service department at Booking.com employs over 7000 people, speaking 43 languages, across 15 countries worldwide. We’re looking for enthusiastic people managers who pair great leadership skills with management experience in a customer service or contact center environment to join our growing team in our colorful Customer Service offices in Toronto.
As a Team Leader in Booking.com Customer Service, you’ll empower your people to develop their customer service skills and progress in their chosen career path. This unique position is a great opportunity for an energetic and inspirational people manager to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team of around 15 talented multilingual Customer Service professionals.
Exercising excellent leadership and communication skills, you’ll develop and coach an international team in an environment that embraces change, cultivates service excellence, productivity, teamwork and high self-esteem. In return, we’ll offer you a competitive compensation package and an environment in which you can do your best work.
The day to day in detail:
- Take ownership for team results and provide daily leadership to a team of multilingual agents to achieve department targets
- Be an effective change manager, who knows how to handle periods of change and lead a team through this by displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors
- Understand development needs and provide coaching, training and support to team members
- Effectively use business tools to monitor team performance, quality and adherence
- Create a safe and open team environment where regular and constructive feedback is encouraged
- Be a role model for company policies and procedures and ensure the team understands and adheres to them
- Be a voice for continuous improvement providing feedback on opportunities and proactively share best practices
- Collaborate with the recruitment team in the recruitment process and onboarding of new team members
- Handle guest (b2c) cases as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a people manager or team leader in a customer service or contact center environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience leading teams in an international, customer-focused environment
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task & a flexible attitude
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Paid holidays in addition to the vacation/sick days
- The Booking Benefit
- Health Insurance plan
- Contributory RRSP plan
- Continuous growth potential and free on demand professional training courses
Our scale, scope, commitment to our people and our high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team in Toronto and think you can make a difference, click to apply and one of our team will be in touch.