What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
Our passion and mission in Operations is to provide small businesses and internal stakeholders with an amazing credit delivery and servicing experience. We work hard as a team to build and operate the most frictionless and scalable environment for small business credit delivery and service. We continuously invest in people, automation through technology, and efficiency through process optimization. Our team thrives on our culture – We are passionate about having fun, being open and empowering team members.
As a Manager Customer Service at OnDeck, you will:
- Build and Lead the Customer Service team effectively to meet all performance metrics and quality standards.
- Manage staffing in all HR related activities such as: talent planning, recruiting, performance management, coaching, training, mentoring and score cards.
- Oversee departmental training to comply with new processes and policies, and achieving an extraordinary customer experience.
- Find solutions to meet the needs of our customers and our internal teams to resolve problems and address exceptions.
- Build effective strategic partnerships within OnDeck. Network with industry peers to always find best in class practices.
- Monitor productivity and efficiency of department; make adjustments to processes and procedures to meet business plan
- Create an environment of continuous improvement and staff engagement. Proactively implement process improvements to ensure service quality, service level agreements and Operational Excellence.
- Update workflows, documents and reporting related to process, regulatory and compliance changes.
- Prepare performance scorecards related to process effectiveness.
- Create and maintain a collaborative work environment that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives.
- Advise our Loan Specialists, Customers, and members of our Funding Advisor Program so they can close more loans
- Be a go-between for our Operations teams, Sales teams, Funding Advisors and Customers
- Handle multiple incoming requests through LiveChat, phone, and email and provide in-depth, knowledgeable answers
- Identify and solve potential and current problems by analyzing information and data across multiple databases
- Perform other duties as assigned
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Customer Service, or equivalent, and 1+ years of management experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and lead by example a diverse group of people.
- Strong analytical and process improvement capabilities with accomplishment of efficiency gains
- Experience in training and motivating other people. Such experience would include observing, coaching, sharing of knowledge, mentoring, delegation and apprenticing.
- Be an authentic leader and be able to manage a team through change.
- Experience with and comfort having crucial development conversations with your team.
- Understand how to triage and prioritize issues.
- Enjoy and excel at coaching, mentoring and motivating others.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**