At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
You are the company’s primary point of communication to customers. Responsibilities of the position will include: researching and responding to customers by telephone, electronic or written inquiries and providing excellent service to customers with information regarding basic eligibility, benefits and claims status with emphasis on customer retention.
How you will make an impact:
- Respond to basic telephone, electronic, and written inquiries from dental/vision professionals, groups, subscribers and brokers.
- Communicate basic eligibility, benefits, and claim status.
- Forward specific inquiries as directed for priority resolution.
- Document each customer encounter or resolution in appropriate computer tracking system.
- Access reference materials to analyze and determine appropriate responses to telephone, electronic, and written inquires.
- Identify reports and document system discrepancies.
- Accurately complete online/hard copy forms and route to appropriate department.
- Meet and maintain production standards, counts, and inquiry response turnaround times.
- Provide support to other departments as directed.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned, and participate in training programs.
What we look for:
- One year customer service experience within a call center or with related heavy customer contact experience (i.e. hospitality, retail, food industry)
- Ability to pass CSR I test
- High school graduate with diploma or equivalent
- Ability to handle constant customer contact/forced workflow distribution
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries.
- Ability to continuously meet / exceed department standards
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to absorb and retain detailed information
- Ability to apply reason to evaluate and respond to the needs of each contact
- Detail-oriented; flexibility and creativity.
- Knowledgeable of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to pass position test if applicable.
- Must be able to work regular overtime as required
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance, punctuality and adhere to scheduled shifts
- PC skills to include basic knowledge of Windows and keyboarding skills to effectively handle inquiries
Benefits and perks:
- 10 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- 100% paid medical insurance
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more abut what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook
, @deltadentalins on Twitter
, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.