Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $185 billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the role
Love talking to people and proactively solving issues? Then join our Customer Experience Team. You’ll be part of a quickly expanding group responsible for growing and maintaining our customer base. We think of ourselves as the smile behind Metromile. You will be responsible for creating fiercely loyal customers through phone calls and emails who can’t wait to share us on Facebook with all their friends.
You'll be tasked with supporting our customers through exceptional service and inspiring a growing user base to share the Metromile experience. You'll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Turn customers into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance needed.
- Assist current and potential customers navigate the site, our app and troubleshoot our devices.
- Execute detailed changes to customer accounts.
- Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done
- 3 years of phone Customer Service Experience (Call Center experience is preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bonus points for bilingual skills in Spanish
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-growing, competitive start-up environment
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Very organized and diligent in prioritizing your day
- High school Diploma or GED
- Comfortable on the phone. You’ll love dazzling our customers when they call in or you call them.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, and often.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- If we asked for your Proof of Insurance card, you’d find it in less than 2 minutes.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and always asking questions to learn more.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- You’ re self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You always try to understand where the other person is coming from before making any decisions.
- You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You understand the impact of highly satisfied customers and will pull out the red carpet for every customer. And we don’t mind if you’re slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
What's in it for you
- Highly competitive hourly salary
- Excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Generous PTO package
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Company-sponsored team outings
- Be surrounded by intelligent, like-minded, fun, outgoing co-workers
- Rare opportunity to be part of a San Francisco-based start-up growing in Arizona