The Customer Service Specialist is AccuWeather’s first line of communication for all customer needs. The Specialist embraces the corporate vision and philosophy by providing quality service support that is personalized, meeting the specific needs of each and every client with courtesy, accuracy, timeliness, effort and enthusiasm. AccuWeather’s customer service staff supports the entire product portfolio and is overwhelmingly committed to ensuring client problems are handled with sincerity. Our Customer Service Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.This is a Full Time position, and will rotate between second shift (2:00pm - 10:00pm) and third shift (10:15pm - 6:15am).
- Provide first line of support to assist in answering informational, limited technical and basic account questions until resolution.
- Answer, assist directly, and/or route calls and emails to the appropriate area for assistance.
- Document, through our ticket and email systems, customer concerns to ensure accountability, updates, resolution and history.
- Proactively conduct customer surveys via email after resolution of the issue to obtain feedback.
- Call and/or fax specific clients with severe weather information.
- Fill out reporter requests, alerting the floor manager.
- Internal support ticket creation.
- Cancellation of email alerts and wireless First Warn alerts.
- Back up for all incoming calls from: Sales, Reception, TV Systems, Data Acquisition and Weather Data, KS.
- Disseminate temporary Newspaper Change Requests.
- Provide initial troubleshooting for smartphone users using our applications
Experience / Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Six-months to one year experience in customer service field is required.
- Knowledge of CRM system is preferred
- Experience using, or working with, smartphones and tablets preferred (Andriod / iOS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Professional and pleasant phone etiquette, with ability to listen actively and communicate effectively is required
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations or dealing with difficult customers
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.