Does surprising and delighting customers make you a happy camper? If so, Top Hat is the right place for you! We're looking for a world-class Customer Service Specialist to join our team.
We work in higher education, so that means you'll be going back to school...kind of. You'll be working on a daily basis to provide technical support to students, instructors and staff who use our tool every day to enhance the classroom experience. You’ll also be working hand in hand with your fellow Top Hatters to collaborate and solve all kinds of problems!
- Help our bookstores, students and Top Hatters with a wide range of challenges
- Provide effective and efficient support to bookstore supply chain issues
- Effectively manage relationships with the 3PL regarding support functions
- You will be able to troubleshoot issues with 3rd party suppliers to mitigate and solve issues.
- Find the root cause behind the pain points
- Communicate across the organization to resolve customer issues
- Provide administrative support to the Supply Chain and Distribution team
- Elevate the customer experience to ensure Top Hat remains the industry leader in service
- Perform other duties as required
- You have 1-2 years' experience in a related field under your belt.
- You are proficient in English and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have held a customer facing role previously and you loved it!
- You’re a problem solver and have exceptional diagnostic skills.
- You get technology and are considered a nerd (we’re full of them here, don’t be shy). You’re not scared to get your hands dirty and figure out how things work.
- You are obsessively customer focused. You have a high level of customer service aptitude and can manage customer expectations.
- You are a natural at managing your time and prioritizing your tasks.
- You are curious and genuinely investigate the issues your customers are dealing with. You assertively represent the voice of the customer.
- You are an amazing communicator. You know how to listen, build rapport and respond empathetically to customers.
- You're a master multi-tasker and keep your cool in high-pressure situations.
- It would be great if you also knew a thing or two about Salesforce, databases, or JIRA.
Five reasons people choose to join the Top Hat team:
*Award-winning company and culture. Top Hat has consistently ranked as one of the fastest-growing and best places to work in Canada.
*A single mission that drives every single Top Hatter. We empower educators to engage students and unleash their potential. Our relentless focus on customers is a pretty inspiring idea to wake up to every day.
*A winning long-term strategy and business model. We aim to be the dominant teaching platform in higher education in the world, and our team is making that possible through great content and product solutions that are making a real impact on educators.
*A collaborative team doing really challenging work. What we’ve set out to do is ambitious and hasn’t been done before. Our team works closely together - across departments - to innovate and improve the lives of educators and students.
*Great benefits, rewards, and career opportunities. We offer competitive benefits, an amazing workplace culture, and lots of room for career growth. For those who invest in themselves at Top Hat, the sky’s the limit.
About Top Hat:
Top Hat is the only all-in-one courseware platform that enables active learning—a proven student-centered teaching pedagogy that promotes deep understanding, critical thinking, and subject mastery—with interactive content, tools, and activities. Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat to teach and engage with students before, during, and after class, in both in-person and online education.
Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.