You thrive in a rich, fast paced, challenging and gratifying environment;
You are looking for a company that shares your values of team spirit, working in a fun workspace;
You are an experienced Linux expert and looking to expand your expertise in technologies that drive today's market;
You have a good understanding of hosting environments and the data path from the disk to the user;
You are a Linux geek but also curious of the bigger picture, wanting to expand your knowledge above and beyond the server.
You are one of us!
Join the Scality Technical Services team right in the heart of NoVA’s Dulles Technology Corridor and Data Center Alley, and get involved with some of the most advanced technologies coming to market today.
As a Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) you will be responsible for the Design, Build and Delivery of our product or third-party components for our customers.
Pre-sales: The CSE will assist our sales team throughout the customer selection process: participate in the design of solutions, run technology showcases or proof of concepts at customer sites and, where appropriate, provide consulting.
Main Focus, post-sales: As part of the Services team, the CSE will provide integration, consulting, training, post-sales professional services and support during the delivery process, to our growing list of customers. As secondary objectives, the CSE will interact with the product organization to discuss new features required by customers. He/she coordinates customer and internal interactions for specific accounts where extended services are provided in addition to standard support. CSE is responsible for intake (sales) and handover (support) of delivery projects. The CSE will be in charge of services delivered to EMEA customers. This is a customer facing position, travel to customer sites will be required (in accordance with governmental restrictions).
Qualifications: BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Proven track record of customer facing professional services delivery or consulting
Location: Ashburn, Virginia or East Coast remote.
Language skills: Fluent English. Additional language (Spanish, German, Russian, etc.) is a plus.
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun and travel!
Scality is one of the most prominent FrenchTech companies, recognized in France and abroad for its technical leadership and its open source contributions. Selected for the #FT120, Scality is also a worldwide leader in the space of software defined storage. Scality has over 300 customers in more than 30 countries, and they include some of the largest telecom operators and banks in the world, many TV stations, and over 30 hospitals. For its team members, Scality wants to be an exceptional employer with many benefits such as continuous education and sport budgets, donation matching, paternity leave and many other benefits that go well beyond standards. Scality is also a conscious company which invested heavily in room-to-room conferencing to minimize travel and compensate for all its travel related carbon emissions.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!” Eat well really means “Enjoy Life” which Scality employees and leaders do very well!
Learn more about Scality on our careers page
.Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
- Strong understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
- Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms) and container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Automation (Saltstack, Ansible)
- Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL Problem and Change management processes
- Knowledge of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
- Ability to use and create high-quality technical and business documentation, including systematically updating process documentation, customer architecture and configuration documentation upon change activity
- Ability to present complex solutions in a business-oriented approach
- Ability to clearly set expectations, present and track action plans, identify what is Scality responsibility and what is expected from customer
Empathy: Ability to listen and understand and report customer needs before diving into potential solution execution. Ensuring action plans and expected outcomes are understood and accepted by customers
- Positive relationship skills, both towards internal customers (sales) and external customers (service providers)
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan service activity including preparation, service execution, written project handover and process documents based on potential learnings from the intervention.
Rigorous: always finish activities to the required quality level.
- Capability to ask for help when things are not working as expected whilst maintaining accountability and ownership of the service project.
- Analytical, valuative, and problem-solving skills: capability to define a problem as a gap between desired situation and actual situation with business impact. Validates the problem with the customer, able to gather information in order to select the most effective solution to resolve.
Team player: shares knowledge with team members by updating customer specific documentation, writing knowledge base articles, working with documentation team to improve customer facing documentation, and providing coaching and assistance. Understands and clarifies needs of colleagues: other CSEs, support engineers, project managers, sales team, engineering
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Drives the post-sales customer interactions and project delivery
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the customer delivery within Scality
- Is accountable for the quality and the schedule of the delivery projects, in accordance with internal processes
- Ensures proper communication to all project stakeholders (customer, partners, Scality)
- Be part of a growing company empowered to deliver world class customer service and expertise