Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world's emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch's mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org
. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
NOTE: This Job has 2 open positions and is on a 1 year contract that is open for renewal on expiry.
Duties and Responsibilities
--> You will be responsible for providing an inspiring and delightful experience for our customers.
--> Delivering efficient and friendly responses to customer inquiries and build our brand via our text-based chat platform
--> Responding to customer inquiries via Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Google Play
--> Escalating customer feedback and IT issues to help improve our product
Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling , working shifts and working weekends and occasionally holidays.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Higher Education Qualifications in Business/Client Service/Customer Service/Marketing
- Passionate about customer service
- Highly entrepreneurial - comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team Player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Good typing speed (ideally above 45 wpm). This will be tested below.
- Previous experience in Customer Service in Finance related company is an added advantage
Typing Speed Test- Please follow instructions below
- Go to http://www.typingtest.com/ to complete a type speed test.
- On the left, select English, 1 minute, and Aesop's Fables.
- Click the green "Start Test" button.
- Upload a screen shot of your results with your application after clicking "Apply For This Job" below (type speed number, error number, adjusted speed number)
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.