Pivotal Customer Solutions Director
The Pivotal Customer Solutions Director (CSD) ensures that customers who are modernizing their product and engineering teams with Pivotal products will be successful. The CSD is expected to have deep technical expertise and focus to help our customers rapidly adopt Pivotal software and services and accelerate their products’ time-to-market. As trusted technical advisor to our Customers, the CSD helps maximize our customer’s return on investment in Pivotal software.
The CSD is expected to have recent, hands-on modern software development experience and the ability to mobilize resources to minimize risks that may distract, impede, or undermine success. In addition to customer facing activities, the CSD will help report upon key account metrics and provide insight to Pivotal internal teams, including executive management, while contributing to overall CSD program development.
- Become the trusted technical advisor to help ensure our customers are successful modernizing their product and engineering teams.
- Establish long-term relationships within assigned accounts, at senior management and C-level, while developing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals and overall impact on business results.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and architectural guidance for the customer’s major Pivotal initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Pivotal project teams consisting of Pivotal consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Develop customer success plan aligning Pivotal solutions to customer’s unique business and technical requirements.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire Pivotal product line and future product direction, as well as, competitive and industry knowledge.
- Ensure customer product and engineering teams efficiently collaborate to achieve goals while managing and driving competing requests across simultaneous engagements.
- Understand in detail each customer’s implementation to align services and education opportunities based on customers’ specific needs.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Pivotal Go-to-Market (Product Management) teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
- Understand the customer’s high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” to drive adoption and consumption of Pivotal solutions within your accounts to ensure renewal of term based subscription(s) are non-events.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technical leader
- Strong technical background with one or more of the following:
- Recent software development on an Extreme Programming team; Modern programming languages, Test First Development, Pairing, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Recent experience with “as-a-service” platforms. Design, implementation, operations, and/or management of PAAS, IAAS+, etc.
- Recent experience with data platform and analytics with ability to drive solutions that can harness and derive value from client’s data.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be effective working independently and in a dynamic team setting.
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality.
- Ability to identify business challenges through customer dialogue and translate potential opportunities to sales while driving Pivotal-wide solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal One, a comprehensive solution that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed. Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting.