The Pivotal Customer Solutions Director (CSD) is responsible for the implementation and ongoing customer management of targeted and strategic accounts to ensure their success and renewal of the Pivotal solution. The CSD is expected to maintain a direct pre and post sales customer relationship while working closely with cross-functional teams within Pivotal to fulfill short and long term customer business requirements. The CSD acts as a trusted advisor to the customer (up through C-Level) providing them guidance, sharing best practices and ensuring value realization is continually recognized. The CSD is responsible for driving solution adoption, consumption and a measurable ROI to ensure lifetime customer value through ongoing product renewals. In addition to customer facing activities, the CSD will report upon key account metrics and provide insight to Pivotal internal teams, including executive management, while contributing to overall CSD program development.
- Establish long-term relationships within assigned accounts, at senior management and C-level, while developing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals and overall impact on business results.
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s major Pivotal initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Pivotal project teams consisting of Pivotal consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Map Pivotal solutions and develop an overall account blueprint to meet customer’s unique business and technical requirements.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire Pivotal product line and future product direction, as well as, competitive and industry knowledge.
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements.
- Understand in detail the configuration of each customer’s implementation so that training and mentoring opportunities can be easily identified in a proactive manner.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Pivotal Go-to-Market (Product Management) teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
- Understand the customer’s high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” to drive adoption and consumption of Pivotal solutions within your accounts to ensure renewal of term based subscription(s) are non-events.
- Own the ongoing customer management day to day, ensuring the highest satisfaction levels.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (experience with a management consulting, IT vendor, or professional services organization).
- Experience in both pre-sales and post-sales ongoing account management.
- Strong technical background with one or more of the following technology solutions:
- Big Data. Solutions to harness and derive business value from client’s data.
- “As-a-service” platforms. Design, implementation, operations, and/or management of PAAS, IAAS+, etc.
- Application modernization especially around cloud native applications.
- Application development in an strong agile environment.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be effective working independently and in a dynamic team setting.
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to uncover business challenges through customer dialogue and translate potential opportunities to sales while driving Pivotal-wide solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Some combination of the following desired technical skills:
- Direct experience working with data analytics environments, platform as a service infrastructure and process, and/or software development in a large enterprise setting.
- Big data/data analytics experience with massively-parallel processing database, in memory data grids, Hadoop, and/or SQL on Hadoop.
- Previous experience in “traditional” data environments (RDBMS, Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, Oracle, DB2, Postgres,, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with overall cloud technologies including enterprise or hosting provider services including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions
- Software development in an agile environment with a focus on dev ops and continuous deployment.
- Experience with platform-as-a-service is highly beneficial
- Experience with architecting and/or developing cloud native applications
- Familiarity with Open Source Software practices/principles and frameworks (CloudFoundry, Openshift, Hadoop…).
WHY WORK WITH OUR GROUP
Customer Solution Directors (CSDs) provide unrivaled product knowledge and proven skills to help large enterprise companies streamline deployment and improve operations with their Pivotal platform. Backed by the resources of the entire Pivotal organization and armed with best practices, CSDs are responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with Pivotal’s largest and most strategic customers. These customers are typically large enterprise accounts adopting Pivotal PaaS, Big Data solutions and/or agile development processes across their data centers and organizations. CSDs develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders including customer executives, CIO, CTO, Line of Business leaders, Development Teams and IT Directors to ensure that the customer continues their standardization on Pivotal technology. Additionally, CSDs become the customer’s single point of contact into all of Pivotal. As such, the CSD’s technical abilities will be critical in recommending solutions, identifying opportunities, mitigating issues and providing technical guidance to a defined set of accounts.
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal One, a comprehensive solution that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed. Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting.