At Aphex (https://www.aphex.co/
), we believe that the tools that construction teams have to plan and communicate their work should have stayed in 1995.
That's why we are on a mission to make it easier for construction teams to get on the same page with a live, multiplayer planning platform. Instead of the current mountain of spreadsheets, whiteboards, and stone tablets, we build tools that allow anyone on a project to plan and communicate their work with full visibility of everyone working around them.
Our customers are the largest construction contractors that build the tunnels, roads, bridges and buildings we use daily. Our awesome users are the engineers that are managing and planning these cool projects.
We’re at an exciting stage of our journey. Having launched our V1 in the UK in 2019, we currently support most of the major contractors and projects in that region. We entered the Australian market in 2022 and have great projects with the biggest contractors here also. As a team, we are moving from experimenting with the core idea of our product to iterating on how we reach, onboard and support our users.
This is an opportunity to become a foundational Aus Customer Success team member. Our team are remote across London, Brisbane, Melbourne and the Philippines, but the Customer Success team are led from Brisbane, so you would be working at the heart of this important team.
Join us on a mission to improve an industry that contributes to around 10% of GDP but is less productive than it was 20 years ago… It’s kind of a big issue.
Primarily, you will be the face of the Aphex brand to new and existing users as you help them through the process of understanding what their life would be like with Aphex onboard, decide how to set up and deploy Aphex on their project, and educate and train their wider teams.
Our users are typically highly educated professionals with huge responsibility and time pressure and our track record of real, insightful and proactive assistance impacts their day. Joining the frontline will put you at the heart of our user focus; you’ll be leading the charge providing fast, accurate and personalised communication to our users across a range of channels.
You’ll solve users’ problems by developing your knowledge in product areas and learning how to troubleshoot, reproducing and documenting bugs for the engineering and product teams. Becoming an expert on our users and their needs, you’ll play a key part in validating product decisions, understanding user journeys and communicating the new way of construction management.
Beyond that, joining the team now will give you unlimited potential for professional growth - you will have as much responsibility and ownership as you want.
Who you are
- You are someone that loves to solve problems and help people
- You are hungry to learn. Period.
- You have a growth mindset and can push yourself outside your comfort zone.
- You are engaging, genuine, happy and patient.
- You have great communication skills.
- You want to make a difference to people and the wider community by tackling a real and sizable problem.
Nice to haves
- Experience in customer-facing roles.
- Experience in fast-moving SaaS businesses
- Some experience or knowledge of construction is a bonus but is trumped by an eagerness to learn every day of the week.
What we offer
- Competitive salary starting
- Opportunity for equity incentives over the long term
- Opportunities for growth in other areas of the company
- iMac/Macbook Pro
- 20 days of annual leave
- Opportunities to upskill yourself with a Udemy subscription and 1-week training leave
- Joining the Aphex team means so much more than just a job; we’re a fun-loving company that believes in enjoying our work.
- Flexible, remote-first working with access to a convenient WeWork office
Send us your CV and very brief responses to these great questions -
- The biggest problem with public transport is?
- The best one-liner (joke) we won’t find on the first page of Google?
- Favourite engineering wonder of the world and why?
- Biggest personal blindspot or weakness?
- Line, square, cube, ???