Smartcar is on a mission to simplify how people securely connect their favorite apps and services to their cars. We build developer-friendly vehicle APIs so businesses can use a single integration to make their products available to cars across brands.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across America, Canada, and Europe, serving amazing customers like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to manage EV charging schedules, verify mileage, issue digital car keys, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s Customer Success Engineer, you will be an integral part of our customer’s implementation journey. Your work will be key to securing new enterprise clients and setting them up for optimal success with their Smartcar-powered product.
All of our openings are remote within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
- Become an expert in best practices of Smartcar’s API for different verticals
- Support the enterprise sales team by helping to understand complex customer business problems and requirements, then translate them into solutions
- Own technical validation within the sales process and the post-signature implementation process for a balanced book of SMB and Enterprise level customers
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical calls, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions and business process diagrams
- Lead customer training sessions on technical concepts for both business and technical points of contact
- Facilitate the creation of QBR materials in tandem with an Account Manager
- Identify and implement improvements to existing support and success collateral
- Partner with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to relay customer feedback and help determine which product updates or features should be prioritized
Who You Are
- 5 - 8 years of B2B experience in Sales or Success Engineering at a SaaS Company selling complex solutions into technical teams
- You’re familiar with API concepts and functionality, can propose best practices and aid in debugging
- You have an understanding of SQL and at least one scripting language
- You’re familiar with the software development lifecycle, and understand how to work with teams across the spectrum from agile to waterfall
- You have a data driven mindset, and enjoy using data to operate autonomously in ambiguous situations
- You have a sense of urgency and take proactive action to aid your customers
- You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You can earn the trust of product managers and engineers alike in order to help them succeed
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $145,000-$160,000
- Competitive equity
- Remote work within the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO and 10 days of paid holidays
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to email@example.com with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.