We're looking for a multi-faceted Customer Success / Support Engineer to join our team. Your mission will be to interface with marquee customers, with the main goal of assisting their technical needs while aligning with the sales and customer experience teams.
In this position you will work in a hybrid role spanning across Support, Sales, and Engineering. You’ll play a key role in growing our business through your insights while collaborating with a world-class team. We’re a remote-first organization with an existing hub in Vancouver and a growing presence on the East Coast and Europe.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
A little about us:
ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Our customers are smart cookies: some of the best teams at companies like Imgur, NASA, Apple, Shopify, Microsoft, IBM, Docker use ZenHub to stay in the zone. Ideal team members are technical enough to get their hands dirty and product-focused enough to help translate customer requests into product features.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Provide expert technical assistance by clearly articulating ZenHub’s technology to both business and technical users.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer technical problems in both our on-premise and cloud offerings.
- Work with our Customer Success Managers, Sales, and Engineering to provide technical assistance to our customers throughout various different stages of the customer life cycle, to make our customers successful.
- Have the opportunity to shape internal processes and facilitate communication between Customer Success and Engineering, ensuring quick resolutions for customers.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation for internal and external consumption.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Proven success responding to critical incidents, and troubleshooting problems calmly and logically.
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships with everyone in the organization, from individual contributors to key stakeholders.
- Experience working with Linux systems and Virtual Machine environments (eg. VMWare ESXi, HyperV).
- Experience deploying orchestration on-premise and using cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, or Azure, and using tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts like load balancing, TCP, SSH, Firewall, SSL, VPN, VPC, DNS.
- Experience writing production-ready code using languages like Bash, Python, Node.js, Ruby or other.
- Ability to work Greenwich Mean Time zones
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of GitHub Enterprise.
- Experience with source control systems, such as Git, Perforce or Subversion.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code systems like Terraform or CloudFormation.
More about ZenHub:
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the role description. One of our values is “Growth Mindset”. If you have some of the qualities listed above, and are excited about the role and motivated to learn – we want to hear from you!
At ZenHub our people are the priority. We believe the more perspectives we embrace, the stronger our team. We recruit the best, and welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or ability. With a focus on respect and a commitment to continuous learning, we’re building an inclusive culture that supports our team in doing their best work. We work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Boundaryless working style. We want our team to work from wherever is best for them. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home office or from our bright, spacious, and dog-friendly Zen-den, we support you. For those opting to wfh, we offer a generous monthly stipend to cover ongoing remote work expenses. If you opt to join us in-office, we’ll contribute to your commute expenses or bike maintenance.
○ A flexible vacation policy. We work hard and it’s important we take time to recharge. We have a flexible time off policy with no hard limit and encourage our team members to take a minimum of 3 weeks off per year.
○ A commitment to continued learning and development. We provide an annual professional development budget to use towards conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set.
○ Fitness reimbursements. Stay fit with our monthly reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-of-the-line equipment. In addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous annual new tech budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies. We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on our team have the ability to create flexible schedules or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ Social Connection. When it’s safe to gather again our team will have access to a shared collaboration space in Vancouver, but our team is focused on fostering strong relationships and an equitable experience no matter where in the world you’re working.
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!