Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager with Federal experience to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
As a Federal Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for the overall success of a portfolio of Enterprise/Mid-Market customers. You will lead clients’ value realization journey, coordinating a cross-functional team that spans Sales, Services, Support, Engineering, Product Management and others. To become a trusted advisor, you will need to become a subject-matter expert on Contrast’s products, use-cases and application security best practices.
In this role, you will be one of the primary points of contact for our clients; working hand-in-hand with technical staff and executives on improving the performance, reliability, and business value of our products. You will also act as the voice of the customer within Contrast to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers. Your success in this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Contrast business. We guarantee that there will never be a boring moment while working at Contrast.
Drive Customer Value: engender a positive Experience for the customer, support their Transformation to meet objectives and seek full Engagement across their organisation
Customer Outcomes: facilitate the setting business outcomes and measurable objectives with the customer
Customer Intimacy: cultivate relationships with executives and key stakeholders to ensure a successful long-term business partnership and become an expert on your customers’ deployment of Contrast.
Onboarding: deliver and communicate Contrast value to the initial application teams supporting the initial value goals
Adoption: ensure customers are adopting Contrast and receiving the anticipated results and value and help customers evangelize and roll out Contrast throughout their organization
Advise: share best practices; recommend solutions to meet changing customer requirements and emergent problems
Monitor: regularly review adoption and usage trends and work closely with customer and Contrast teams to address adoption blockers
Success Planning: define and maintain success plans for customers that continue to outline the desired business outcomes, metrics for success (KPIs), potential issues, and action plans
Contrast Business Reviews: communicate Contrast results and value; align on new objectives and plan going forward
Escalation Management: liaise with Engineering, Product Management and Sales to quickly remedy accounts in red status
Advocacy: develop and maintain Contrast advocates for references, case studies, etc. and bring intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers back to the Contrast Product team
Project Management: Manage projects to a successful outcome and ensure appropriate communications with all relevant stakeholders takes place
Prioritization: juggling multiple accounts and activities simultaneously with attention to detail
Operational Excellence: ensure smooth handoffs from sales to on-boarding and from on-boarding to business outcomes, adhere to processes and procedures laid down and maintain data integrity in recording systems
Knowledge: remain up to date on Contrast product features and developed use cases to drive customers to best practice standards
Cross Functional Support: partner with renewal and sales specialists to help ensure renewal and expansion opportunities are identified and closed successfully
Collaboration: contribute to the development of industry-leading processes and best practices for delivering application security
- 2+ years of experience working as a CSM or TAM at a B2B SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience working with complex application security technology products and/or continuous integration environments
- Solid understanding of modern SDLC and software engineering practices including Agile, CI/CD and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of application security and application security vulnerabilities and an understanding of the security market preferred
- Background in multiple disciplines is a plus: sales engineering, business consulting, project/program management, business operations, software development and deployment,
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action, ability to translate customer business issues and goals and issues into actionable plans and solutions. Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead and facilitate meetings and presentations, create content for documentation deliverables
- Be mobile and be able to travel to client locations as needed
- Experience working on enterprise accounts (with ASP in $100k+ range)
- Experience working closely with VP+ level executives at customers
- Experience with these types of engagements with customers:
o Executive business reviews
o Creating structured programs to drive adoption at low-usage accounts
o Creating & executing against a Success Plan/Project Plan
o Proactive engagement based on insights from data
o Influencing change in complex organizations
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment; does not get stressed easily
- Process-focused, with strong problem-solving ability -- always looking for smarter, better ways to achieve a goal
- At ease demonstrating product functionality; ability to provide comprehensive overview of key business use cases
- Exercises listening / takes a thoughtful approach to addressing customer pain points
- Bachelor degree or significant relevant business experience required. Business or technical degree preferred
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401 (k)
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.