Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are focused on and committed to helping people. You treat others with care and empathy, and assume the best intentions in others. You love to break down complicated concepts into simple terms and solve problems. You are a smart, motivated self-starter looking to learn a lot and join a fast growing company with a top notch culture.
The Customer Support team at Justworks is in charge of leading all customer service inquiries, no matter how big or small. Our team represents all of Justworks, we take responsibility and ownership of our customer’s concerns, and we actively drive issues to resolution. We believe a positive team is the strongest unit, and we strive to make ourselves and each other better. We are the experts our customers rely on, and a crucial part of the overall Justworks service offering. In this role you will support our small business customers on a variety of inquiries related to our software, benefits, payroll, compliance, and other HR related matters. This is a fast-paced and challenging role, but also incredibly rewarding due to the positive impact we have on our customers, their employees, and their businesses.
Shift schedules available: 8:30am-5:30pm EST (M-F) or 9:30am-6:30pm EST (M-F)
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Answer inbound inquiries from our small business customers via phone, email, and chat
- Provide expert-level support, guidance, and troubleshooting to customers around Justworks' continually expanding product and service offerings including our software, benefits, payroll, compliance, and HR
- Assist customers and their employees with administration, eligibility, and enrollment in benefits and perks including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, commuter benefits, Long and Short Term Disability insurance, retirement and COBRA
- Resolve customer inquiries related to administering payroll, making payments, time & attendance, running payroll reports, federal and state wage and hour laws, and general payroll policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain product expertise on our software and be the go-to resource for customers in need of training or best practices
- Manage open cases in our CRM to resolve inquiries in shortest possible time frame while keeping customers and their employees regularly informed of status and anticipated resolution timing
- Work with a sense of urgency to provide accurate information in a friendly, professional, and empathetic manner to create a white-glove customer experience
- Ensure proper triage, escalation, and effective resolution of higher-level issues and challenging customer interactions through escalation to Team Leads or subject matter experts
- Contribute recommendations for improving our product and processes while advocating for our customers and communicating bugs to engineering
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with cross-functional departments
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Customer Success Representative, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Must be available to work in New York City
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a customer service role, preferably in a contact center environment
- Experience using customer support technologies such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, JIRA, and Confluence a plus
- A passion for delighting customers and helping people, with a tendency towards compassion and empathy
- Excellent customer service skills and comfort defusing challenging situations over the phone
- Approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency, and knows how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Strong written (chat, email) and verbal (telephone) communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face
- Proven self-starter, taking ownership and accountability over your work
- Experience in benefits, payroll, HR, or adjacent industries a plus
- Spanish language capability, or other second language at business conversation level, a plus
Please Note: We believe Justworks has a responsibility to support efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We’re committed to safeguarding the well-being of our employees, their families and the broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated in accordance with its obligations pursuant to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment