You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are a close-knit team of Olarkers distributed around the globe working together to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. Our passion for our over 10,000 customers is a direct result of our people centric model. We’ve been around for 10 years (!), are bootstrapped, and have an award-winning customer support team.
We are looking for our first Customer Success Specialist. This is an incredible opportunity to shape what customer success means for our human-first, values-driven organization.
This is a brand new, full time role on a well established Customer Support team.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with current high-value customers to ensure their long term success with Olark via quarterly phone calls and regular email check ins.
- Improve customer onboarding and self-service at Olark.
- Building a thriving community of happy Olark customers.
- Conduct regular webinars, workshops and customer training sessions to help our customers reach their business goals and advance their careers.
- Share insights with Olark’s Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to help us continuously improve our process for helping our customers solve business problems using our Chatbox.
- Learn all about Olark’s chatbox: what makes us different, our value proposition, our ideal customers, what we are changing, and the long-term roadmap of our product. You will understand and be able to share what makes Olark special with our customers.
Spend roughly 20 hours a week providing support to all of our customers via chat and email.
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least two years of customer success or service experience. We’re open to candidates looking to switch careers (you don’t need to have worked in the SaaS industry to excel in this role if you meet most of the requirements below!)
- You’re a relationship builder who is excited to be on a first name basis with dozens of high-value customers. Roughly 50% of your week will be spent reaching out to Olark customers via email and having in depth conversations on Zoom.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both on the phone and in writing.
- You’re self directed and capable of managing back to back meetings and a large number of email threads without a lot of oversight.
- You’re data driven and willing to learn new tools like Looker to see if your efforts are making an impact.
- You’re familiar with customer management tools like Help Scout, MixMax and Hubspot, or you’re a quick study who is eager to develop fluency with tools like these.
- You’re a natural problem solver who can think quickly and answer unexpected questions with ease. You’re comfortable letting someone know what you don’t know and looping in an expert if necessary.
- You’re excited about working with a newly formed Success team and keen to help shape our processes. You’ll be working closely with senior management, including the Director of Support and the CEO.
- You have some experience working remotely and enjoy contributing to remote culture.
You lead with empathy: you realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. You assume good faith of your teammates and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
You Can Expect A lot From Us:
Please read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. Beyond what you see there, as a member of our CS team you can expect:
- A great remote culture and team: even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- We value your time to do focused work: We have one weekly required CS meeting and a team wide sync. We also get together once a year for our annual team-wide Olarker retreat. We appreciate and take advantage of the time we have to get in sync, but we also respect time to think and do focused work.
- We provide a full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision benefits, 3-month paid parental leave, uncapped vacation, professional development budget, a coworking space stipend, and lots of other perks.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.