Founded in 2000, simplehuman designs simple, functional products for the home, which we call “tools for efficient living.” The basic thinking behind simplehuman is that day-to-day life has room for improvement. By solving simple, often overlooked problems, we make people more efficient in their daily tasks at home. And we only build products we love to use ourselves.
As a customer support agent for simplehuman, you’ll act as the frontline. We are looking for product experts (we’ll help train) who can provide high-level phone, email and chat support to our customers. We sell high-quality, efficient, and simple products and strive for our customer service to match. You’ll resolve warranty claims, provide order support for orders placed on our website, troubleshoot product issues, and assist customers with any and all questions they might have.
On a typical day you will:
- Answer incoming customer service phone calls
- Help customers troubleshoot on live chat
- Respond to customer inquiries via Zen Desk
- Enter orders for customers in Magento
What you need:
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. You’ll need to be able to use your judgement to solve every customer’s problem, whether it’s a clogged soap pump or a missing UPS package.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You’ll need to be able to keep your cool during stressful customer interactions. A pleasant, friendly, and helpful phone demeanor is a must. Great writing skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task. You will need to look up information in multiple systems while conversing with customers.
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail are critical.
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
- A high level of patience is required. You’ll need to walk customers through troubleshooting steps, help identify specific product models, determine why a product is not operating correctly, and help customers navigate our website.
- A desire to be part of a team—we all are willing to help each other. We need a team player who will pitch in wherever is needed.