WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a Support Analyst to provide phenomenal service to our customers - based out of our Santa Cruz, CA HQ.
Our customer base is growing rapidly, and so must our capacity to meet their needs, answer their questions, and ensure maximum business value is derived from our unique product.
The Customer Support Analyst is responsible for bringing Looker’s best practices, innovations and capabilities to our customers to deliver world class support, and delight. You will deliver technical leadership coupled with a deep understanding of data modeling to drive greater business value and satisfaction. This high-touch, rapport-building position requires strong communication skills and a desire to give our customers the personal attention that they need to have a fantastic experience with our product.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Create great experiences for our customers when they need help. Build trust and advisory relationships with analysts to help them better use the product.
- Act as the frontline of the Department of Customer Love, chatting live with our customers to resolve product issues and provide proactive guidance to deepen relationships and product usage.
- Learn Looker’s product at a deep level and help customers do the same. Learn what’s happening next with the product, and help customers prepare for the use of new features.
- Go beyond the question being asked; understand how our customers define their own success with the product and help them work toward that success.
- Proactively propose creative solutions to address customers’ business problems and goals.
- Be a voice for our customers during internal discussions and projects at Looker. Represent their needs and struggles to help drive our products in a strong direction.
- Monitor and identify trends in customer experiences. Work within the team and with other teams at Looker to give customers the information and tools they need to more effectively and efficiently support themselves in the use of the product.
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- A love of data and how companies can use their data to solve data access, usage, and visualization challenges
- A strong motivation to work closely with customers to create the best possible experiences with Looker
- Experience writing SQL queries involving joins and aggregations. Exposure to SQL within a business setting is great, but new grads who have used/learned/taught themselves SQL will be considered
- An ability to navigate and advise on efforts related to complex customer requests or projects
- Assertive, positive and effective communication skills in English – both written and oral
- Considerable attention to detail and the ability to present and influence
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, particularly in complex technical situations
- Four year university BA/BS degree (or equivalent)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship from an employer
- Must be able to work out of the Santa Cruz office 5 days a week
- Preferred: Experience working with customers in a technical support capacity
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1800 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn
or visit looker.com
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.