Marvel (www.marvelapp.com) is a fast growing design and prototyping platform based in London, UK. Around the world, people in schools, start-ups, agencies, and Fortune 500 companies are using Marvel to bring their ideas to life. In the past year we've grown to over 3 million users with thousands signing up everyday. Our loyal community of users love our product (just check out their tweets!), but what you see today is just the beginning. We’re building a platform that serves millions of people - and we need your help.
We're looking to bring on a new member of our support team to match demand and keep our users happy.
As a member of the Support team, you'll act as the voice of Marvel, for many users you will be the first person they ever speak to at the company so we want to leave them with a lasting impression.
You'll be talking to everyone from startups right the way to Fortune 500 companies and answering their questions and fixing problems on a daily basis, on multiple platforms (email, Twitter, Skype, Hangouts, chat).
You will be a sponge - collecting insights, problems, solutions and then feeding back to the team so we can improve the product.
If you’re a strong writer, a fast researcher, constantly curious, and can’t stand users having anything less than a stellar experience, we want to hear from you!
- Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer support inquiries
- Identify trends and issues with our service and alert the team when serious patterns emerge
- Contribute to and own the Help Centre documentation as well as our internal Support Handbook
- Assist the Customer Experience team troubleshooting issues that come up for our biggest enterprise level customers
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Customer support associates need to be fast learners and come up to speed quickly with everything to do with our product.
- You’ll be expected to distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Influence the direction of Marvel, the product. You will be talking with lots of our customers on a daily basis so you will have oodles of insight to feedback to the team. A crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible.
- Create processes and workflows to be able to grow the support team and train future employees (potentially in different timezones)
Challenge accepted? Let's talk!
- Experience in technical support and/or customer service.
- Ability to empathise with customers and convey confidence, use humour in the right place at the right time and always be passionate, happy, polite, helpful and patient.
- Well–versed in the subtleties of chat/email etiquette and an attention to detail in written communication with customers.
- You have fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to understand how and why things work they way they do. You love solving complex problems, committing them to memory and educating others.
- You’re a master at multitasking – you may be handling 3-4 online chats, open tickets and problems at once.
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate technical concepts, understand the platform like the back of your hand.
- Grace under fire. When multiple things go wrong at the same time, your cucumber coolness is an inspiration to others.
- You enjoy and circulate, timely and contextual animated GIFs
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS code for troubleshooting
- Experience in customer/community support in another startup/SaaS business
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, image formats, iOS and Android (and Marvel!) and web/mobile design
- Experience with help desk software like Helpscout, Zendesk or Desk is a plus
- Experience with Intercom is a plus but not required
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Health insurance
- 50% off Virgin Active
- 1 free cinema ticket each week
- 30 days holiday
- Team holiday once a year
- Unlimited pats and cuddles with Rua our sweet office doggo
Some top tips for standing out from the crowd
- Don't skip the cover letter: A knock out cover letter gives us an idea of how you might write to a Marvel customer
- Make it unique to Marvel: Personalise your cover letter for Marvel and we'll be more impressed
- Details matter: pay attention to the small details. Show off your amazing spelling, grammar and down-to-earth tone
- And have fun! We want to see that you have taken the application seriously, but not yourself too seriously :D