Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in United States, Canada, Ireland or United Kingdom.
What You'll Do
We are looking to add a Customer Support Engineer to our team! You'll work with our enterprise clients and their developers to identify and resolve React-based front-end issues they're experiencing with their implementations. You'll also be testing, documenting, and reporting found bugs to our Engineering team. This role is ideal for a front-end developer with an eye for troubleshooting, determining root causes, and providing solutions.
- Help with Client Interaction: Communicate with clients and/or their developers to understand the technical issues they're reporting, and provide updates in a friendly & timely manner.
- Triage and Troubleshoot: Diagnose errors and technical issues that have been escalated to our frontline team. Provide solutions, where possible.
- Determine Path of Escalation: Based on the results of troubleshooting, determine the source of the error, severity level, and direction of escalation.
- Maintain Coverage: Help our support team and enterprise clients by covering certain “time blocks,” during which you will be monitoring inbound channels when technical escalations are most likely to occur.
- Collaborate with teammates and developers: Work with teammates to communicate known bugs, manage active incidents, brainstorm on new challenges, and handle technical issues escalated by our Technical Support Coordinators. Work with the Engineering team to report product bugs. Work with the clients’ developers to report issues found in implementation code.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- 2+ years of active working experience with JSX, React, and React hooks
- Ability to use DevTools for debugging live pages and determining cause of errors
- General understanding of progressive web apps (PWAs), full-stack development, and APIs
- Enjoy the challenge and detective work behind technical troubleshooting
- Comfortable interacting with clients
Nice to Have
- A great attitude and desire to help people & solve problems
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- Flexibility to cover night or weekend shifts as needed.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship. Click here if you are a Colorado-based, US candidate.