Granular is the leading software and analytics company for agriculture. We are revolutionizing one of the world's largest and most important industries by making farmers’ lives easier and making them more profitable. Our products help farmers get access to land, make more efficient use of inputs, and make better business decisions. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Atlanta, GA and Des Moines, IA.
We’re growing quickly and looking for an Account Executive, based in Champaign, Illinois, for our industry-leading farmland data and valuation platform.
You will be an integral part of Granular’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team, full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture!
You will be responsible for supporting and training all users of AcreValue Pro, who are professionals associated with farmland such as real estate brokers, auctioneers, appraisers, farm managers, and lenders.
The ideal person is an energetic, positive, creative, and performance-driven self-starter with experience in sales and customer retention. You are equally comfortable interacting with techies in the office and land professionals on the phone.
- Field and resolve inbound support requests – including answering questions, troubleshooting issues, and finding/reporting bugs – using live chat, phone and email
- Complete projects that meet unique customers' unique business needs in collaboration with the Account Executives and Director of Business Development
- Proactively master the newest functionality. Your job is to know the use cases, workflows, how to’s, nuances, and future improvements of constantly evolving products
- Help translate the user experience from the front lines using key metrics, analytics, and anecdotes that allow the company to understand our strengths and opportunities
- Collaborate with the Sales team to ensure successful post-sales handoff, implementations, customer satisfaction and account renewal
- Participate in product strategy definition with product team, serving as voice of the customer
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 2+ years of experience at SAAS provider with a demonstrated track record of retention metric attainment
- Agricultural experience not required, but must have interest in the space
- Experience selling software and technology products
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university with a track record of academic excellence
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a focus on customer success
- Excellent business writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Embraces change and is comfortable with ambiguity given the fast pace of growth and market in the midst of active disruption
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Google Docs and related sales tools
- At Granular, perks are more than free lunches, a stocked fridge and happy hours (which we have). We value diversity and treat every employee with a high degree of autonomy and respect
- Have a big impact by joining a small, fast-paced and smart team. We are having fun building a great company and helping one of the most important industries in the world
- Upward movement. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and generous 401(k) match