Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product. Support Specialists are responsible for working directly with customers to help them get started and grow in using Intercom, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our product design and development teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use our own product to do most of our support, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Influencing the direction of Intercom, the product
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company.
What skills do I need? 📖
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- An understanding of internet culture
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- Great problem solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.