CampusWorks is always looking for experienced higher education professionals to join our team.
We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of experience in one or more of the functional areas listed below. Working, hands-on knowledge with an ERP system is preferred (Banner®, Workday®, Colleague®, Anthology®, Jenzabar®, or Oracle® ERP systems). These are remote positions with a varying degree of onsite presence required at our college/university client sites. The positions can be project-based (process improvement, software optimization, assessments) and/or staff augmentation (interim leadership) roles. These roles can be full-time roles or contract consultant (1099) roles. Please specify your preference in the application.
As a cybersecurity consultant, you will leverage your expertise in cybersecurity and familiarity with established frameworks like NIST standards and regulations such as FERPA and GLBA to conduct technical assessments and CIS assessments. Your primary objective will be to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses in IT systems, networks, and applications within institutions. Based on your findings, you will provide comprehensive recommendations to enhance their overall security posture.
· Conducting technical assessments of an institution's IT systems, networks, and applications to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
· Developing and executing comprehensive test plans to assess the effectiveness of security controls and identify gaps.
· Analyzing and interpreting data collected during assessments to provide recommendations for improving the organization's security posture.
· Documenting findings and recommendations in clear, concise reports and presenting them to key stakeholders.
· Collaborating with other cybersecurity professionals, such as CISOs, penetration testers, security engineers, and incident response SMEs, to ensure a coordinated response to security incidents.
· Providing guidance and expertise to internal teams on security best practices and industry standards.
· Staying up to date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and threat vectors to ensure assessments are comprehensive, effective, and practical.
· Conducting research and testing of new security tools and techniques to improve assessment methodologies continuously.
· Assisting in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, and training programs.
· Participating in ongoing risk assessments and audits to ensure that client security measures are effective and meet regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, related field, or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees in Cybersecurity or a related field may be preferred or required for more senior positions.
· 3-5 years of experience in a cybersecurity-related role, such as a CISO, security analyst, penetration tester, or IT auditor.
· Experience conducting technical assessments of IT systems, networks, and applications to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
· Experience working with industry-standard security frameworks such as CIS Controls, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001/27002.
· Experience providing recommendations for improving an organization's security posture based on assessment findings.
· Experience presenting complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, or GIAC certifications may be preferred or required.
· Knowledge of industry-standard security frameworks such as CIS Controls, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001/27002.
· Knowledge of common attack vectors and techniques used by cybercriminals and threat actors.
· Knowledge of network and system architecture, including cloud-based environments and virtualization technologies.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance standards, such as FERPA, GLBA, PCI DSS and HIPAA.
· Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing methodologies. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess potential security risks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong project management skills to effectively plan and execute security assessments.
· Advanced technical skills in using specialized security tools and technologies to conduct assessments.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
· Ability to adapt to changing technologies and threats in the cybersecurity landscape.
· Ability to work collaboratively with other cybersecurity professionals and stakeholders across the organization.
· Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and threat vectors to ensure assessments are comprehensive, effective, and practical.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong understanding of OSINT methods
· Experience with Kali Linux and the tools within, such as Metasploit.
· Experience with cloud security and familiarity with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
· Familiarity with DevOps and agile development methodologies.
· Experience with red teaming or ethical hacking.
· Familiarity with threat modeling and risk assessment methodologies.
· Familiarity with big data analytics and machine learning for threat detection and response.
· Experience with incident response planning and execution.
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills to deliver security-related presentations and training.
· Strong leadership skills to manage and mentor junior team members.
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits for full-time employees, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our employees enjoy:
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators. CampusWorks Inc., as a large consulting firm, provides its employees with an opportunity to work both onsite and remotely with our clients across the United States and in Canada. With the nature of our clients’ work evolving quickly, we’re all being asked to support larger CampusWorks initiatives. Upon joining CampusWorks in a consulting role, your talent and expertise may be applied to a range of projects, assignments, and clients.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
A virtual and onsite workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That's why CampusWorks offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
At CampusWorks, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives each CampusWorker (we call ourselves CampusWorkers) brings to our workplace each day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you are passionate about higher education and creating Happy Campuses, let's talk! If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
Friendly Note to External Agencies:
At CampusWorks, we kindly request that you please refrain from submitting blind submissions or resumes/CVs on behalf of recruitment agencies. To ensure a smooth and effective collaboration, we would like to inform you that any candidates sent to us without a signed agreement in place will regrettably not be accepted or considered as a submission.
CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics: