We are looking for an exceptional Data Analyst to join our data enrichment team, which is primarily focused on augmenting the data that the company owns for the purpose of increasing its precision and utility spectrum. As a Data Analyst, you'll collaborate with software engineers to create a powerful ingestion pipeline, analyse the ingested data and propose new methods for raising the quality bar.
Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally into international markets.
To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us do this.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making
- You will be working with the engineering team to define and automate data testing processes.
- You will be mostly using exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product improvement.
- You will provide data insights and powerful visualisations which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with different teams to perform cross data source analysis for better data unification.
- You will be involved in research to identify new data sources and suggest optimal ETL processes to ingest data.
What does success look like in 12 months
- You have ownership of data monitoring process and you helped in identifying data testing framework for the project.
- You have gained a deep understanding of existing data sources, related challenges and potential improvements and have developed a roadmap to improve data quality.
- You have contributed to the data cleaning and normalisation pipeline for various data sources with the help of the engineering team.
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable, and you have pertinent arguments in favor of your proposals.
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Understanding of data mining principles, tools and processes
- Experience of statistical data analysis and visual analytics
- Experience of working with mongodb and other NoSQL databases
- Proficient in scripting languages (R, Python etc.)
- Good understanding of data-oriented product life-cycle
- Experience with ML and data manipulation libraries (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, numpy) and visualization libraries (e.g. matplotlib / seaborn / plotly) are preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company health care plan
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme
- Generous annual leave arrangements