At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
The Data Analyst (Hopper Hotels) will be responsible for revenue reporting and forecasting, maintaining data integrity, and providing data transparency for Hopper’s hotel supply team and our partners. This person will mine our data to help deliver tangible benefits for our app customers and supply partners, maximize revenues from our existing supplier footprint as well as creating reporting to track and forecast revenue. This role requires a naturally curious individual who will directly influence the direction of the team using our data. You will work closely with the supply team and product management teams who will use your outputs to communicate effectively with our partners and continue to delight our app users through product enhancements you help uncover.
You could be a fit if you’re excited about working with field based teams, taking their unstructured thinking and problems and using your data analytics skills to help steer direction, close sales, inform strategy and achieve our 2021 goals.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead analytical projects to support our Hotel Supply team. Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights.
- Help create robust tracking of our experiments, by combining data from multiple sources, internal databases and analytics tools
- Design and implement automated analysis scripts, develop and deliver your tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers and engineers as well as the supply team to find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL
- Experience with business analytics and e-commerce concepts like conversion and activation.
- Exposure to scripting with Python
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in e-commerce or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of Amplitude or Tableau
- Experience using Google BigQuery