At Instructure, we are building the world’s best ecosystem for teaching and learning. Millions of students and teachers use our products around the world, and we’re always finding ways to innovate and improve their experience.
We are hiring world class software engineers to solve some of education’s hardest data problems at cloud-scale. By focusing on our values — ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships — and using a modern stack that includes Node.js, Java/Scala, and Go - we are changing the way that teachers teach and students learn.
The Data Analytics Platform team is looking for Data Architect to help us lay down the foundation of a data analytics platform, make it available for Instructure services and empower the team.
Data Analytics Platform is a service that helps our engineering teams to enable analytics in their services, so they can improve their products and provide their customers valuable insights. This helps our engineering teams develop services that customers love.
If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
What you will do:
- Build, deploy, and maintain the services that our product teams use to build analytics and data solutions at scale, including an Apache Pulsar-based messaging system and data storage services.
- Work with Amazon Web Services through tools like Terraform to provision infrastructure, reduce costs, and scale traffic.
- Write testable, performant code that can scale to tens of millions of requests per day.
- Mentor and teach other engineers, encouraging best practices and fostering code reuse.
- Work with a complex data technology stack that includes Node.js, Go, Scala / Java, Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform
What we look for:
- Experience with cloud-hosted, high-traffic applications (experience with tools like Spark and Flink is a plus)
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (with interest in learning more)
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, architecture, and devops — our engineers design, build, and deploy their own code
- Strong communication skills
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.