Veeva is looking for a Data Architect to develop its data platform for Life Sciences analytics. Our multi-tenant pipeline blends a mix of big data/relational technologies to manage data content, high-performance data access, security, streaming, and transformation.
For this role, we need exceptional technology leaders with experience with modern big data platforms, large scale, distributed data architectures (Hive, Presto, containerization), federated caching technologies (Arrow, Flight), streaming (Kafka), on the AWS ecosystem (S3, Glue, Parquet), working with relational data warehouse platforms (Redshift, Snowflake).
This is a cool opportunity to get in early, join our innovative team of Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehousing experts to deliver metadata-driven analytics integrated with our Life Sciences solutions. If you play well on smart teams, enjoy developing innovative solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast-growing company, we should talk.
Veeva is the leader in cloud-based software for the global Life Sciences industry. Our platform and applications allow customers to operate more efficiently and safely in order to bring life-saving diagnostics, treatments, and medicines to market faster than any time in history. This industry along with our vertical-specific software is in a period of unprecedented growth over the next five years, and we’re looking for mission-driven software development problem-solvers, thinkers, and doers to keep up with growth.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere
’ company, so you can connect with teams in our Pleasanton office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
What You'll Do
- Designing and developing a platform for scalable, turnkey multi-tenant solutions, utilizing microservices-based architecture
- Design, prototype, and develop Big Data Platforms on the AWS stack
- Collaboration with platform peers (Metadata Management, Data Pipeline Services, Application Connectors, Data Warehouse Engineering, User Interface, Testing)
- Work with Ops teams to provision, scale, tune solutions
- Integrating new technologies to support advanced analytic use cases
- Supporting customer issues and new opportunities from the field
Qualities We Value
- Self-motivated drive for building technically sound software
- Passion for sustaining high standards across the team for delivering exceptional code quality
- Ownership and accountability for design, quality, and execution for complete feature sets
- Ability to provide senior-level leadership and guidance on a project team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 5+ years developing + architecting Analytic Platform platforms, using large scale big data pipeline (ETL, Arrow, Flight, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto)
- 2+ years of Java experience in big data-style applications
- Expert with cloud-oriented security (authentication, encryption, access control)
- Expert with services-oriented architectures and API development
- Experience with RDBMS data-centric experience (large scale RDBMS, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Arrow, Hive, EMR, Parquet)
Nice to Have
- AWS Services + Management (S3, Glue, Redshift, SQS, EMR)
- Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Salesforce Integration
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.