Uber ATC is seeking competent, confident, experienced, driven, fearless, passionate, and creative people to help us build out our data center environment. Strong knowledge of data centers is a must. Experience with server hardware, the rack/stack/deploy process, repairs of data center equipment, Linux CLI, light scripting, Layer 1 networking, and scalability knowledge is vital to our success. The Data Center Engineering group is committed to customer service, has a strong work ethic, able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision. Candidates should be meticulous about documenting your work, understand the importance of proper cable management, managing project details and timelines, and keeping project key stakeholders well informed.
What will you be doing?
- Manage customer requests, understand details, gain consensus, and execute project plans
- Server rack builds, deployments of new data center hardware and data center environments
- Decommissioning and dismantling of legacy hardware and data center environments
- Employ meticulous attention to detail of power, network copper and fiber cable in all data centers
- Automating common tasks through tools and scripting
- Evaluate and implement new technologies
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Manage service request queue for all service request types
- You must be able to lift 35 lbs
What experience are we looking for?
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in data center operations or equivalent experience
- Excellent and comprehensive spoken and written communication skills
- Strong Linux administration and troubleshooting through command line tools.
- Excellent Layer 1 networking understanding
- Understanding of network design specs and execute networking deployment from project plan
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose network problems from network switch command line
- Strong skills in process, documentation, and change management
- Positive and consistent customer service attitude and interpersonal skills a must
- Familiarity with data center cooling and power operations and requirements. Mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge a plus
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated teammates in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.