As a NEXTEV Data Center Manager in the IT/Digital Operations team, you will be responsible for building and managing the Data Center Co-Lo spaces and server rooms.
Responsibilities include evaluating Co-Lo and network providers, contract negotiations, project management of the build out, and implementing DCIM tools and processes for ongoing security and management of the sites.
Candidates should possess strong planning & organizational skills, ability to manage vendors and contracts, strong knowledge of DC technologies and understanding of network service provider connectivity options.
The position reports to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure
· Contract and bid negotiation with Co-Lo and network service providers
· DC layout design and technology selection
· Project management of buildout
· Hands-on rack/stack equipment, network wiring, power and console connectivity,
· Implement best practices on DC management, security, and compliance.
· Collaborate with IT personnel in other regions to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practice adoption globally.
· 10-15 years of experience in managing Data Centers
· Solid understanding of WAN/LAN network technologies and cloud service provider (CSP) connectivity.
· Self-starter, able to juggle multiple priorities and projects
· Team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload.
· Strong understanding of DCIM technologies and implementation practices
· Knowledgeable in standard ITL practices (Incident, Problem, Change, etc..)
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· Some business travel may be required
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Data Center Operations Manager job post.✕