You can apply to the job with this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Data Center Technician II is a hands on technical professional, responsible for installing, maintaining, and monitoring network equipment and servers, and solving network issues at our data center. The Data Center Technician II priorities consist of providing technical support, handling abnormal conditions/emergency situations and outages, helping ensure environmental and safety standard compliance, and maintaining inventory.
The Data Center Technician II also interacts with internal and external stakeholders - working with the internal customers to provide top-tier service, collaborate with internal teams and technical professionals for special projects and enhancement/automation initiatives, and liaising with external vendors regarding maintenance and reliability matters for TuSimple’s IT infrastructure.
- Completes physical installation and power-up (Rack & Stack) as well as maintenance, of servers, peripherals, storage, and network equipment.
- Analyzes and builds rack elevation diagrams using Visio and/or Lucidchart.
- Completes physical installation, dressing, and connection of fiber and copper communications cables.
- Methodically pulls wires to connect infrastructure equipment, in accordance with plans, while maintaining data center standards.
- Works with others’ automated workflows for successfully completing remote implementation.
- Assists with installing software including operating systems, drivers, firmware, and updates.
- Uses internal automation software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment.
- Engages in visual inspections, status reporting, and power-cycling to ensure durability and reliability of network components.
- Assists with receiving, recording, and storing shipments of equipment/materials; contributes to maintaining accurate component inventory in the data center.
- Documents all ticket and project work, ensuring that documentation is sufficient to allow for reproducibility of results.
- Assists with developing automated tools to collect information, to be used in root cause analysis for reported issues.
- Assists with the integration of new technology into the data center environment.
- Assists with office moves and openings; ensures the datacenter remains organized and clean.
- Builds upon, and improves, existing data center deployments, to ensure continuous operation.
- Coordinates work at the remote co-locations.
- Assists with creating policy, security, and compliance documentation.
- Apprises IT management of system capacity needs.
- Liaises with Third Party Vendors and escorts them in the data center, as needed.
- Monitors and safely responds to emergency conditions affecting operations.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across the organization.
- up to 20% travel
Experience & Skills Required
- Broad understanding of data center networking components and infrastructures.
- Experience working with structured cabling systems (Cat 5, Cat 6, multi-mode, and single-mode fiber) and knowledge of cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of network cabling, the process of running fiber and copper in a data center, optic types, and test equipment (i.e. VFL, power meter, Fluke Versiv 5000 and OTDR).
- Experience troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Knowledge of efficient structured cable management techniques.
- Knowledge of Cat6A, Cat7, SMF, MMF, LC, SC, SFP, SFP+ QSFP, QSFP+.
- Knowledge of NEMA plugs and receptacles paired with basic knowledge of common electrical standards (i.e. 110v, 208v, 3 phase, single phase).
- Working knowledge of data center processes and design including power, cooling, and redundancy.
- Basic understanding of databases, queries, spreadsheets, and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of Network and Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of routing systems such as Cisco, Linux, Arista.
- Familiarity with Power Distribution Units (PDUs).
- Knowledge of DWDM technical specifications is considered an asset.
- Experience with automation and scripting is considered an asset.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Previous experience in a data center environment, highly preferred.
- Certifications: CompTIA A+ certification, CompTIA Network+ certification, and/or BICSI Installer 1 certification
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control