Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our technical and data teams are no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more money invested, more features, more code, more data, and more team-members than ever before. We’re looking for a database administrator & data modeller who can take our set-up and infrastructure to the next level. In this unique role, you’ll be the interface between the cloud apps and insight teams, collating, ingesting and organizing data to drive action and results.
Our tech stack:
● Microsoft Azure
● Azure DevOps
● Azure Application Insights
● Octopus Deploy
● BASH / Shell Script
● Power Shell
● C# / .NET Framework, .Net Core ASP.NET
● Sql Server
● Azure Service Bus
What you'll do
- Working directly with the Head of Insight and Head of Cloud Apps and their teams, this role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Own, maintain, and improve our data processing and analytical platforms including choosing and adding new tools.
- Support the insight team with more complex or novel data processing tasks (e.g. python scripting)
- Act as a best practice resource for SQL query optimization and performance for the Insight and Dev Teams.
- Build and maintain new integrations to ingest and integrate new sources of data
- Work with moneybox dev teams and insight team to build and maintain a reliable, meaningful, and accurate core analytical data warehouse which stays up-to-date as our products grow and change
- Organise core data into references and summary tables (e.g. customer segmentation) making the Insight data analysts more efficient.
- Advise the senior leaders on the selection and evaluation of suitable tools including a business intelligence tool that is flexible to the future needs of the business. Lead implementation of this once selected.
- Work with tech teams, and compliance to ensure that analytical data and supporting platforms are secure, appropriately restricted, and comply with policy
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and help insight and tech teams understand where new technology could pragmatically deliver value
- Manage and monitor the cost, efficiency, and speed of data processing
Who you are
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting very- fast-growing company
- Curious mindset who is motivated by improving processes and organizing information in practical ways.
- Bias for action, valuing execution over complexity.
- Naturally personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with.
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
Experience and Skills
- Essential skills:
- Fundamentals of database administration and optimisation
- Practical experience of analytical data structures, and data modelling approaches
- Working with APIs, and Extract Transform Load processes
- Python (or similar scripting language) for data processing
- Desirable skills:
- Hadoop and big data processing
- Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, and master data management
- Scripted data processing and visualisation (e.g R language and processing)
- Cloud storage and compute systems (- particularly Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, and Data Bricks)
- BI Experience on tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker etc.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]