Data Engineering at Progyny is a small, but growing team that supports the organization's desire to improve how it uses data. We are looking for an engineer to help us build and iterate on our data pipeline to improve the quality and delivery speed of the many data sources that feed into our data warehouse. This work serves as the foundation for our future efforts such as optimizing ad spend, streamlining business operations, and improving our customer’s experience. As one of the first members of this team, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of features and the direction of the Engineering team at Progyny.
What you'll do...
- Build well-structured, efficient and scalable data models, based on business, analytic and engineering needs
- Work with various team and executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), and make sure we have the data models that can support tracking these
- Consistently evolve data model and data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Utilize tools for data pipeline management and orchestration of ETL jobs
- Provide business analysts with technical support related to data modeling
- Work closely with engineering teams on design and implementation of data models for our software products
- Drive training on metrics and self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture
- Own and provide BI development tools for internal use
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Help implement and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with building data pipeline including data acquisition
- Strong background in data warehouse concept and design
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert-level experience in SQL
- Strong background in MPP and columnar databases (redshift, snowflake…)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
Progyny, is the best-in-class provider of fertility and family-building benefits. We’re improving outcomes, shortening time to pregnancy and reducing total fertility-related costs by providing a comprehensive, inclusive, effective value-based fertility benefit that combines clinical and emotional guidance and support, science, technology and data. We work with industry leaders who recognize the importance of providing equitable access to a robust family-building benefit. Today we support over 1.5 million lives and have over 500 clinic locations in our premier provider network.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely and supported fertility journey. Come join a fast-growing company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Customized employee career development program
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Childcare reimbursement program for emergency situations
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation, sick and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Weekly office events
- Company social events
- Sit/stand desks
- Stocked kitchen
Progyny is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.