BukuWarung is SEA’s fastest growing startup and we are building the digital infrastructure for 60 million MSMEs in Indonesia, enabling them to efficiently manage and grow their business, starting with digital bookkeeping, online storefront & payments. BukuWarung’s vision is to empower 60 million MSMEs in Indonesia to become financially aware and enable them to manage and grow their business using technology.
BukuWarung is backed by top tier VCs globally: Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Goodwater Capital, Y-Combinator, AC Ventures, Quona Capital, East Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Rocketship.vc
, Tanglin Venture Partners and strategic angel investors from Stripe, PayPal, Plaid, Grab, Gojek, Facebook, AirBnB, Fast, Mastercard etc.
For a company which is solving for 60 million merchants', data plays a crucial role in taking business decisions and enabling the business.As a Data Engineer at BukuWarung, you would be expected to demonstrate your technical skills in creating an innovative, robust, scalable, near real-time data processing landscape. You will be responsible for improving our current data pipelines and preparing them for the next level - 10X scale as we grow rapidly in the next year. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building large, scalable, and fast distributed systems, which can cater to almost any data requirements in BukuWarung in future without investing much effort.
What Will You Do?
- Design, build and own all the components of a high-volume data platform end to end
- Design and deploy data engineering applications on the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Analyse and process large volumes of data in real-time as well as in batch mode
- Setup proper monitoring and alerts for all the pipelines developed
- Continuously improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for consumers of the process/ reports
- Interface with technology team to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of data sources and improve to enable these via self-serve platform
- Own the functional and non-functional scaling of software systems in your area.
Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to BI Engineers, Business & Data Analysts, and Data Scientists.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering/ Computer field
- 3+ years of experience in building complex data solutions across multiple platforms and services.
Abstract knowledge of cloud platforms(AWS, GCP, etc.) and their functionalities
- Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets using the traditional or map-reduce batch mechanism.
Experience managing distributed systems like Kafka and a server- less data warehouse like BigQueryProficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
- Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses
- Experience with scripting for automation (e.g., UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby).Experience with version control systems such as GitHub or BitBucket
- Experience with relational Databases like Postgres,mysql etc. along with no-sql databases like Firestore,DynamoDB,cassandra etc.
- Experience with Warehouse- BigQuery, Workflow Management - Stitch, Airflow, Data Pipelines
- Good to have experience with reporting tools like Tableau or other BI packages.
Good to have experience working on AWS stack (S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
- Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a ‘can-do attitude’.Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply!