Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals--including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people--trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Data Engineering at Crunchbase
Our data team is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure for our data needs. As Crunchbase grows, so too does the amount of data we process, the number of sources it comes from, and the number of ways that people want to slice and dice it. We are currently building out a robust pipeline for our core data and we’re continually expanding use cases for it, so it must be both scalable and flexible.
At its core, Crunchbase is a data company, and data engineering is at the heart of our platform and will propel us into the future.
The responsibilities of data engineers at Crunchbase include:
• Architect and build new dimensional data models and schema designs to improve accessibility, efficiency, consistency and quality of both internal and production data
• Build, monitor, and maintain analytics and production data ETL pipelines
• Provide the foundation for a data-driven culture by empowering other engineers and the Product team to ask questions of the dataset in an easy, reliable way
• Enable data scientists to implement NLP and ML algorithms at scale, in fault-tolerant, highly available systems
• Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
• Motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Python
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Volunteering Paid Time Off
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.