At GIPHY, we’re building the world’s largest animated GIF search engine and redefining how people search, discover, create, and share GIFs. Since our start we’ve developed an all-in-one GIF platform with multiple product offerings, touching millions of users per day and serving billions of GIFs per month.
How do you move multiple TB of data and then extract insights from it? How do you ensure we are resilient to data loss in case of failure? We are looking for an outstanding engineer who love solving interesting challenges related to data at scale to help us answer questions like these. This role will collaborate with teams across the company, understand the business implications of our data and help ensure its correctness and query accessibility across a variety of data stores. This role will be intimately involved in reporting and analysis and identifying opportunities to improve our business.
You'll be joining a wildly creative, fun and talented group of individuals who are passionate about building out the future of GIFs. We have big dreams and goals for 2016 and are looking for like-minded, skilled people to join us!
- Design and develop high-throughput, low-latency data processing pipelines to quickly ingest and make data available.
- Do multi-configuration experimentation with different algorithms and techniques to make evidence-based decisions on engineering
- Analyze large datasets to identify opportunities to tune and improve the system.
- Experiment with various Hadoop languages and frameworks to identify the optimal approach for extracting valuable insights from massive datasets
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (5+ years)
- Experience working with modern data engineering tools. Ex. Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Vertica, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with data visualization. Ex. Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Passion for code correctness and intuition about which values in data are to be expected in a business context
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and supporting large enterprise applications
- Highly productive with familiarity of *nix scripting and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of humor and love of GIFs
- Experience in applied Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- JVM experience
- Start-up experience
- Familiarity with Agile principles