We bring people from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe’s traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that magically calculate the best path between two places. Travelling has never been easier or more efficient.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Science team and to help us in our mission understanding the world of our users and deriving actionable business implications. If you have a solid background in data engineering and some understanding of statistics and wish to collaborate more closely with Data Science and business or wish to expand/deepen your skill set in these areas: This is your place to be! With this role, you will be our expert on data engineering tasks but you will also closely collaborate on turning data into insights and business implications together with our Data Science team.
What you'll be doing:
- Be our expert on enhancing and managing our backend base for analyzing an increasing amount of data from various sources
- Be our expert on enhancing and managing our database and tracking setup (SnowPlow)
- Collaborate in creating an extensive, insightful, and actionable Business Intelligence platform
- Closely collaborate with our Data Scientists on creating tools for supporting our management in strategic decisions, our product teams in roadmap prioritization and feature tracking, and our marketing team in campaign optimization
- Enjoy the fun of exploring an exceptional amount of travel data
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience as Data Engineer or Backend Engineer
- Proven skills in PySpark (Scala API nice to have)
- Experience in tracking pipelines and good understanding of streams and event-driven platforms, ideally with SnowPlow, Google Cloud, and BigQuery
- Analytical skills and understanding of business and KPIs
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Fluency in English (our company language)
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and a casual working environment
- Support in your personal development (flexible side projects, research, conference attendance and knowledge sharing within the Data Science team)
- Amazing team atmosphere and people from all around the world (>20 nationalities and more to come)
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, bright, light-flooded office, hardware of your own choice, hight-adjustable desks, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!