What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck is looking for a Data Engineer to join the team responsible for the design and implementation of OnDeck’s proprietary Data and Learning Platform. The platform enables scalable and real-time data aggregation and modeling, with a flexible front end for product delivery, real-time reporting and prediction.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
Build a system to aggregate, integrate and store a mix of structured and unstructured data at scale.
- Work closely with data scientists to design one or more data stores that meet distinct end user goals (live querying by end-users, large scale data crunching for machine learning, etc.)
- Design a suite of APIs to enable data scientists and analytics teams to explore and analyze complex datasets.
Qualifications for success:
You have a passion for solving difficult challenges through innovation and creativity, with a strong focus on results.
- You have obtained a B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- You have 2+ years of Java software development in a multi-developer environment.
- You are comfortable working with highly analytical end-users.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL etc) and large scale analytic data processing technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Lucene/Solr) is a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, EMR) would be advantageous.
What we offer you:
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck stats & in the news:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**