Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the fuel behind Adthena’s platform. From patented machine learning methods, to developing an award-winning application, our Technology team is continuously innovating and enabling technology to solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for a proficient Data Scientist who is excited about working with some of the most talented data scientist in the industry to build amazing technologies and develop their career to be the best at what they do.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Commercial experience developing Spark Jobs using Scala
- Commercial experience using Java and Scala (Python nice to have)
- Experience in data processing using traditional and distributed systems (Hadoop, Spark, AWS - S3)
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses.
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL database management systems (PostgreSQL and Cassandra)
- Commercial experience using messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience using orchestration software (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Confident with building complex ETL workflows (Luigi, Airflow)
- Good knowledge working cloud technologies (AWS)
- Good knowledge using montinoring software (ELK stack)
- Motivated problem-solving skills, ability to bring ideas forward and adapt solutions to complex engineering challenges
- Builds services/features/libraries that serve as a definitive examples for new engineers and makes major contributions to library code or core services
- Design low risk Spark process and write effective complex Spark jobs (data processes, aggregations, pipeline)
- Design low risk APIs and write complex asynchronous, highly parallel low latency APIs and processes
- Work as part of Agile team to maintain, improve, monitor Adthena's data collection processes using Java and Scala
- Write high quality, extensible and testable code by applying good engineering practices (TDD, SOLID) using Adthena's Engineering Practices
- Understand and apply modern technologies, data structures and design patterns to solve real problems efficiently
- Understand the Adthena's data architecture and uses appropriate design patterns and designs complex database tables
- Support TA and Data Science team to help deliver and productionise their backlog/prototypes
- Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of highest standard
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Technologies We Use
- Frameworks: DropWizard, React, Akka and Play Framework (Scala)
- Databases: PostgreSQL, AWS(S3), Redshift, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Technologies: RabbitMQ (messaging), Quartz scheduling, Docker and Kubernetes
- CI/CD: TeamCity, Jenkins
- Source Control: Git (GitHub)
- Other Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Grafana
About the Data Team
Athena's data team is a market leader in developing complex ETL and machine learning solutions.
With published authors and award winning data scientists who contribute some of the major machine learning and distributed data technologies such as Apache Spark, we are a friendly, passionate group of engineers making a career out of building great software for our customers.
The Adthena data team is dealing with hundreds of millions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through workflows, huge distributed computations in spark, streaming data coming in twenty-four hours a day at hundreds of times a second.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working across our entire stack, so a real passion to drive the product and technology forward is something that we value. Your responsibilities will include helping with a vision for the future architecture of this complex data system, adding innovative ideas that use the latest cutting edge technology. You will work closely with Web and Data Science teams to deliver user-centric solutions to our customers and become an expert in developing high quality technical solutions.
Our engineering culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching and growing together. You will have the opportunity to explore / innovate new technologies, mentor engineers and lead Technology initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love writing code, learning cutting edge new technologies, solving problems and winning as a team.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape. Powered by our patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. We index information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day. The segmented data is presented in an intuitive format, helping digital marketers to understand their landscape and acquire more customers. The technology has also won a number of awards for its ease of use and value added to clients including: Best Search Software Tool at the UK Search Awards 2016, Technical Innovation of the Year at the Drum Search Awards 2017, Best Search Technology of the Year at the Biddable Media Awards 2017 and Best Tech Platform at the DADI awards 2017. Adthena was founded by Ian O’Rourke and is backed by Mel Morris, the entrepreneur behind Candy Crush and former chairman of King.com.
A world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers
Empower marketers to optimally reach, acquire, and retain consumers with unique data-driven search intelligence.
Deliver Remarkable Quality
Get Shit Done!
Freedom with Responsibility
Smart and Always Improving
Things that make Adthena Unique
Machine-Learned Whole Market View
AI-Driven Data Segmentation
Automated trend detection & monitoring technology
Built for Client Value and Outcomes
World Class Customer Success