We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world.
The Data Entry Specialist partner with various Accelerate engagement teams to provide quality financial data to customers for their use in decision-making. In this role, you will specifically support accounting functions including data cleaning, classifying, and importing, as well as, month-end close activities (e.g. cash reconciliation). The opportunity to streamline work-flow processes and increase efficiencies is readily available on each engagement or activity as an active partner on the engagement. The camaraderie built with each Accelerate team member through working on recurring engagements will flow over into project work on a regular basis. Accelerate strives to always get better and that can only be accomplished through open communication and mutual respect. Therefore, on-the-job training is critical to mutual success. If you have an eye for problem solving, an innate attention to detail, and a desire to join a community of people who are supportive of your growth and success, we'd love to hear from you!
- Participate on multiple monthly recurring engagements preparing the data for use in financial reporting.
- Assess the appropriateness of classifications for expenses on assigned engagements.
- Purposefully clean data for use in analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Identify opportunity for customer training based on recurring issues on data classification.
- Embrace the ambiguity of agile work on projects for engagement teams or specialized teams within Accelerate.
- Lean in to learning as new projects and software is presented as a need.
- Engage in independent work with deadlines and communicate proactively as issues are encountered.
- Expand knowledge of software capabilities specifically Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Online.
- A basic understanding of general ledger accounting
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism: the ability to interact confidently and effectively with internal clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
We would also love if you have:
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software
- Additional accounting software knowledge (CCH Prosystem Fixed Assets, Bill.com, Receipt Bank)
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent professional experience in related field
- Previous office/professional experience
- Bookkeeping experience (a huge plus!)