As a member of the database operations team, is responsible for develop automate scripts and tools to support routine jobs, support 24x7 production Big Data systems on Linux, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Build automate scripts and tools to manage production Big data systems, including enhancing and optimizing the team products.
- Performance tuning the database engine systems from server to database level.
- Providing technical assistance and troubleshooting.
- Research and POC the database technology and technique to enhance managing the large volume of databases.
- Support 24x7 production databases and Big Data systems.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or any field.
- 3+ years of UNIX/ Linux systems administration experience.
- Strong skill in Linux system, shell scripts, command line utilities, configuration management.
- Experience or Familiar with managing Big Data systems such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Vertica, etc.
- Knowledge of other programming languages (Java, Python, etc.) is a plus.
- Willing to learn and expand knowledge to database and Big Data systems technologies.
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player and able to work independently.